Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

red queen

Message 1021 of 9,230
latest reply

I seem to have lost my text LOL. This is the Red Queen that I won at KellyKon 2012. I will try to be a bit more active. It's been a while and trying to get to this board takes more work than before Cat Very Happy

Message 1022 of 9,230
latest reply

basicklbamid

Message 1023 of 9,230
latest reply

Happy New Year everyone Cat Very Happy ~ Anika

Message 1024 of 9,230
latest reply

Shirley, what a great photo - LOL, look at that expression!  I LOVE YOUR PHOTO!  yes I'm shouting

Tina, five feet of snow!  Where are you?  Here in Michigan, I'm very grateful the power outage with no heat, no lights, no hot water happened Christmas week, and not this week.  This morning it warmed up to about -20 wind chill, -5 degrees, so not as bad as places like Chicago, Minnesota, Wisconsin.  Supposed to warm up to a tropical 15 degrees tomorrow!  

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1025 of 9,230
latest reply

Happy New Year too!

tree*fern

Message 1026 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi guys-Shirley love the picture and would love to see more of everyones if they have any.

Jen where am I ???? H**L I think.... LOL !!

Here http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=6&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&...

So you see that green blob, that is LAKE EFFECT SNOW and the Lake Is Ontario a rain-snow making MACHINE. We just so happen to live right in the snow belt of Northern New York.  Buffalo is typically the area that gets alot of "news" BUT Lake Erie freezes much faster than Ontario. Ontario is a very deep lake and does not freeze leading to snow events that last for days all winter long.

This particular band has the potential to dump up to six feet. So far we have received over two feet and still have another day to go before the Machine slows down.

This picture here is route 177 from the notorious 1977 Blizzard. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6ihvhYHa5yM/UQbSOtwEHZI/AAAAAAAAHdM/L_urGBpwThw/s1600/Rt.177+in+Barnes+Cor...

Today on social media there are discussions about how this Lake Effect is reminding folks of that 77 Blizzard.

Anyway the good news about Lake Effect snow is it is surprisingly very light snow, thank goodness because there is alot to move around.   During the day light tomorrow I will take some pictures. Hope all of you are staying warm.....

Message 1027 of 9,230
latest reply

Thanks JenSmiley Tongue

We had a warm-up here today.  Not sure what it got to; maybe upper teens.  I think the coldest was 3* and no snow.  60's predicted by this week-end.  Crazy.  We were in the 50's before the 'ice' came down.  Temps dropped really fast.

Tina~ That is one LARGE snow drift!!  Can't imagine that one in rural NE where my brother used to live.  Went to visit him one late fall and a blizzard broke out.  It snowed and blew for about 2 and half days.  Did not have drifts like that but it still took maintenance crews 3 days to get to the roads by his house.  So we were 'stuck' out there for 5 days total.  Thank goodness nothing went wrong.  Hope you are warm and able to get about.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1028 of 9,230
latest reply

Happy New Year to you too!

Love your girls. Great photos.  What bodies are they using? (body snatcher barbies):smileyvery-happy:

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1029 of 9,230
latest reply

The Machine is still churning and burning...

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=6&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&...

Couldn't open my front door, finally managed to and was met by waist high snow.

They have extended the event now till tomorrow morning. Some areas got to experience thunder and lighting, quite a rarity.

Can't see my mailbox either, some towns pulled the plows off of the roads until visibility is better.

Message 1030 of 9,230
latest reply

Tina, I wondered if you were talking lake effect!  Wowza, stay safe.  Some years ago I was stranded driving in a lake effect blizzard off Lake Huron on the Canada side - amazing, and frightening.  Went from clear plowed road to snow piled up to the hood of the car in no time.  I'll stay in the middle of the Michigan peninsula, tyvm!

tree*fern

Message 1031 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi All,

Tina I am just north of Buffalo. We lucked out only about 12 inches of snow. In the suburbs south of the city they had closer to 24. It was just the freezing cold and high winds that were bad. I scooted out yesterday morning and got back in just before the snow band moved up here and the driving ban went into effect.

I am always amazed by how much you get! We have had 3 really mild winters with just a few bad storms so this is a return to reality. The Blizzard of '77 was much worse!

Hope everyone affected is warm and safe.

Hi to Anika - like your little redhead,

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Message 1032 of 9,230
latest reply

North of Buffalo Maggie than you know the drill............So Blue skies this morning, the machine has finally wound down. 

A couple of pictures...my mailbox and my twelve year old trying to walk around yesterday.  

Good news, its over, bad news, we have a warm up coming this Saturday  50 degrees with rain-can you say FLOODING !!!

DSC02273.JPGDSC02264.JPG

Message 1033 of 9,230
latest reply

hiya folks ~ ~ ~

brrrrr, snow and ice!

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/twangerstudios/DSC04027.jpg

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1034 of 9,230
latest reply

Late to the party (story of my life)!

Shirls, I love that photo - what a great expression!  I will get the pic this weekend before I finish dismantaling the cabinet.  It's the only part of the decorations I hate taking down, they look so pretty!

Just thinking about all that snow makes me cold!  We've had our usually 2 inches this year already so we're just rain and 40s although the wind is really going right now.

Off to work I go - have a happy Friday!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1035 of 9,230
latest reply