latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

waving HELLO~~~~ 🙂 🙂 🙂

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 976 of 9,230
latest reply

Storm ~ I love the top pic!!  I likethe other one too, but the top one is my favorite.

Diane ~  The little packages are so cool!  The tiny nativity is pretty neat.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 977 of 9,230
latest reply

Hey, everybody! Great pictures on the thread -- and love that donkey.

Here's my tree for this year:

the Barbie tree.jpg

I still have three or four McDs toys that I couldn't fit on, as the tree was smaller than I thought. And I think one of the keychains, a Ken in his tux, is missing. I hope the dog didn't get it!

Sheila
Message 978 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Sheila!  I like your purple barbie tree!  I like the barbies you have in it!!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 979 of 9,230
latest reply

Thanks, Shirley! I've been picking up those McDs toys for a while now. Glad to finally get around to using them. 😄

Sheila
Message 980 of 9,230
latest reply

Thought I'd share a picture of what's been on top of my computer monitor:

midge and alan celebrate.jpg

Allan is wearing a suit from my vintage Ken and case lot. There were two, so Allan gets one. I put new elastic on the tie, but it's a bit loose. I got Allan as a head only, and put him on a body from a TLC Ken lot.

Stacey is from a boxed set (called Holiday Sisters, I think), picked her up at a thrift store. She has a little wagon with a gingerbread house candle, a miniature artist bear, pink thimble that belonged to my late aunt, and a tiny pink Power Ranger that I "borrowed" from my son. 😄 The wagon and everything but the candle sits on top of the monitor all the time.

Midge is wearing a Barbie sweater, from some grocery store issue, I think. Her knit pants are part of a lot I got in a giveaway -- the legs are actually the same length; shoes are from the Silken Flame repro.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I've got to get going on some last-minute cooking before I put the turkey in the oven. 🙂

Sheila
Message 981 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Sheila!  Hope you had a great day.  We sure did.  Lots to eatSmiley Very Happy

I like your Allan and Midge.  He looks good in Sat. Date suit.  He is giving MidgeSmiley Wink the eye.  I like that sweater.  Goes good with her knit pants.  And I love the little wagon and all the goodies.  Stacey has a bit of chubby body that I like too.

Got a couple more Christmas pics:dollsinchair.JPG

Message 982 of 9,230
latest reply

newtutti.JPG

Message 983 of 9,230
latest reply

One more....I like barbie sweaters....xmas sweater.JPG

Message 984 of 9,230
latest reply

Hey, Shirley! Love your other pictures, what a fantastic variety of dolls. We both have eclectic doll tastes. 😄

We had loads to eat, too. Plenty of leftovers. Yum! I'm still tired after all the cooking. I was supposed to do some things on Tuesday, but my mother wanted to go shopping -- thrift store shopping, that is. Many were closed, but we managed to hit a couple of Goodwill stores.

I got one of those little wicker chairs that's Barbie-sized. It has some lace stuck around it, but that will come off easily. I have some of this furniture already, but it's nice to have an extra chair. I also got a three-drawer organizer thing that I thought would fit pattern packets, but no luck. Boo.

I think I figured out why my camera was going through batteries, too. It seems that using the USB cord to off-load pics drains batteries something awful. So, back to putting the SD card into the printer and getting them on the computer that way. It takes longer, plus I have to cut the printer on, but whatever works, right?

Sheila
Message 985 of 9,230
latest reply

I like a little variety in the doll room.  Breaks up the vision of all Barbies and adds a little something.  2 of the dolls in the chair are from when I was a little girl.  The brunette soft bodied one and there is another that you can't see except for the green stocking hat.  The brunette was the first doll I ever had.  I played with her so much, both her arms went missingSmiley LOL  Used to put her in a box and drag it behind my trike and then bike.  The bottom wore through and her bottom drug on the ground.  Totally ruined her pretty undies.  I brushed her hair a lot, so she has missing plugs.  Then later,(at about 12) I cut some off to make a wig for my FQ.  So, she has been through the mill.  She gets an oily face so have to wipe her down every once in a while.  The pink tree is grandma's.  Has a wind-up music box that plays Jingle Bells.

This digital camera eats batteries with just general use.  I think it was Treefern who suggested finding an ac/dc cord and just plugging it in to save in batteries.  It is an older camera and not sure it has a 'jack'.  Keep forgetting to lookSmiley Sad

Message 986 of 9,230
latest reply

I have enjoyed looking at everyone's Barbie Christmas gatherings! 

Shirl, I cannot believe the beautiful b/c and p/t 6 you found. What a deal! I also love a 6. She was made during my youth so I am partial to her look.

Thanks everyone for the great pics.

photo 26433872-6ae8-49c0-b390-29569596101a_zpse3963890.jpg
Message 987 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Maggie!  Good to see you.  Hope you had a good Christmas.  

Message 988 of 9,230
latest reply

Here's the new place, Rootie!!  It will take a bit to get comfy here, but I think we'll be fine.  Folks will think I am talking to myself for a bit haha!!  I prolly won't be back until later tonight, just depends on what we do this evening.  So, make yourself at home.

Message 989 of 9,230
latest reply

Hi Shirls and I see Maggie up there too! And hi everyone!

And Shirls, I already know you talk to yourself.  Just remember, it's when you start answering yourself that there is a problem.   Ha!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 990 of 9,230
latest reply