cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other 1/6 scale clothes fit Barbies?

Hi everyone;

I have been collecting a few Barbies for a while now and seem to have pretty much settled on the Model Muse as a personnal preference.

However I do find the clothings offered by Mattel to be somewhat limited and was wondering if OTHER clothing and accessories for other 1/6 scales dolls/figurines would fit the Barbie mold?

For example I found folks who "custom make" (not exactly as they won't actually do custom orders) outfits for "Phycen" or "Kumik" figurines, which in theory are of very similar size to the Barbie molds.

However before investing in these somewhat "expensive" clothes and accessories, I would like confirmation that these will fit, as the sellers in these cases can not confirm the items will fit the Barbie mold.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@butterman_1999

If you were to have asked that question about Barbie years ago, it would be a lot simpler to answer.  There are so many body styles these days, even I don't know what fits who.  Model Muse though, I don't think can properly fit in other Barbie body type clothing.  They have skinny, long legs, chests are small, and I think even the arms are more slender.  I do know, that no other Barbies can wear MM clothing!  Barbie is scale 1/6, but if you go back to the 60's (vintage) and up through the years, her body has made lots of changes.  She went smaller busted, and wider hips.  She was given a belly button body instead of twist and turn.  Now with all the fashionistas and their short, tall, medium, curvy body styes,  I don't know what to tell you except MM wears MM.  I do wonder if they could wear some of the Fashion Royalty 1/6 clothing?  Though some of those girls have been given vivacious curves as well.   And those hands....the fingers are more spread out, so be careful of the size of sleeve and cuff.  Shoes.....oh my....all sorts of different feet too.  It's no wonder when I find an outfit to fit a doll, she keeps it for life.Smiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you SO MUCH for your great and detailed answer! And I too must concur that the barbie doll models have gone through so many changes in the past decade alone that it seems almost impossible to do any proper mix and match of clothing and accessories...

... Although I admit I must have gotten lucky with the dolls I have had (I alas had to donate or "sell" (*) about half my collection due to a forced upcoming moving) and those I still do for "most" of the clothing and accessories does seem to fit both the late 90s/early Y2K models I still own (ex: redhead variant from the "Secret Spells" collection) as well as most my MM models (versions with two straight arms seem to be more easy to accept almost any types of clothes so far).

(*): Sell: I asked people to pay for shipping only as those dolls I decided to give away were used (opened) and some did not have their original clothes/accessories.

In terms of the 1/6 scale, well a few sellers on eBay here do clothes that are marked as compatible with most dolls, such as Fashion Royalty and MM Barbies, and so far those items I have bought do seem to fit well on my MM dolls, but do not fit other body types, unfortunately.

Any way, thank you so much for your cohesive answer! Have a great remainder of the week!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You could try the   ElenPriv shop on Etsy. They do lots of different doll sizes, and if you contact them I’m sure they can tell the best, nearest fit

Message 4 of 4
latest reply