cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a dress

Does anyone know if this is a Barbie dress, the year or what it is called?  Thanks~barbie dressbarbie dress

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Need help with a dress

I don't recognize it as anything Mattel made. But there were loads of companies making clothes, and stuff that came on other dolls, so it could have come from a lot of places. I don't think it's mommy-made, from the picture.

Sheila
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Need help with a dress

This dress is a nice vintage "Barbie" clone outfit which, like the reply above, was mass produced.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Need help with a dress

@thystlemoon

Good to see you are still posting!  How goes it your way? 

@danini

Lovely dress!  I always find it interesting to discover clothing that has not made it into any of the Barbie books I have.  There are too many outfits and fashions of Barbies that have varience or were made in other than Japan or USA.  It is the more common items that are easiest to find.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Need help with a dress

Need to add, clone outfits are harder to identify with name or year of production.  Some clone items can be pretty nice.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Need help with a dress

Shirley, it's going. ha ha I was away for a long while (and recently dropped out again) because I was busy with work, and then I was sick. Found out I have Type II diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm working on getting that under control so I can have more energy and desire to do stuff. I've missed posting here, though it seems like the board is basically dead. 😞

Sheila
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Need help with a dress

@thystlemoon

Ugh on the diabetes and high B/P.   Hopefully, you can get control of both and maybe even just diet & exercise for the diabetes (which may also help your BP.

Good to see you though.  I like to see familiar, friendly faces.  Yes, these boards are basicly dead and I have forgotten half of what I knew about dolls, clothing etc and besides, I hardly knew half of what the more knowledgeable people knew to start withSmiley Very Happy   So, to come in here and try to help anyone is a feat.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply