cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help identifying this vintage Barbie Doll or Francie Doll?

Hello! I am having trouble finding this particular 11" Barbie Doll. Is she a Francie? Is her hair damaged? Any and all input on who she is and approximate value is greatly appreciated! I am not a collector. This is from my childhood and it has been in our storage since the late 60's.

IMG_3171.JPGIMG_3172.JPGIMG_3173.JPGIMG_3174.JPGIMG_3175.JPGIMG_3176.JPGIMG_3177.JPGIMG_3178.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@44boat

It looks to me the head of the doll is a Barbie Standard mod doll.  The body I think, is a Francie body.  I could be wrong, but that it what it looks like to me.   He hair just needs washing and restyling, otherwise looks pretty good.  If you intend to sell the doll, leave the hair alone and let that up to the buyer.   Not sure if it would be best to sell head and body separate, since I am thinking the body is a francie body. 

Sorry couldn't be of more help.  I haven't messed with vintage Barbies for a while now.  Hopefully, you will find answers to your other questions.  Value depends on a lot of things...condition, etc.  Maybe take a look at sold listings here in ebay to help you.  Search for Mod Barbie head or Standard Barbie head and Francie body.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you shirleys8093 !
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It's not a Standard head as it had eyelashes. Standards did not have rooted lashes
It's a Twist N Turn head on a Francie body

Separate them and go from there
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for correcting 'my bad'.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The outfit is Francie Borderline.  Missing the hose and shoes.  Very popular outfit.  The striped swimsuit and the outfit are both Francie as is the body.  The pink s/s bottoms and the head belong to TNT Barbie 2nd issue 66/67.  You can check the completed items on ebay for going prices.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply