cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a Barbie dolls arm?

(Photo by Deuce Goorgon on YouTube)

Hey, good day! So I have an old Erika doll from 2004's "Princess and the Pauper" movie, and I got a huge problem: Both of its arms are chewed and chopped when I received her. And I found this video where s\he has the same doll BUT her arms are switched, and now I want to ask if any one of you knows how to change them. I already asked this person's channel but I still got no replt from him/her.

And while I'm still in the search of another one, I wish I could find a better way of fixing her as if now. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can try the boiling water method I've seen on a couple of sites (I've run across a you tube thing recently, I believe). Basically you boil some water in the microwave (or you can do it on the stove top, I guess) and dunk the part you want to remove in and let the vinyl soften. It might take a while before the vinyl will soften enough to get the limb off, but it should work. Replace the limb the same way, by heating the doll back up and pushing the part in. Let it cool. Of course, be careful because this can be painful, messing with hot plastic/vinyl.

Sheila
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

From what I understand, the arms of dolls made in the 80s, and 90 s are connected together inside the chest are. A simple boil might not work. If the conbection is broken the arms will be very loose.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply