cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to identify my Barbie

Hello, 

My Aunt Gave me her barbie as a keepsake. I tried to identifier her online but had no idea of Barbie's extensive history. This barbie is marked on her right cheek: Barbie Pats Pend MCMLVlll by Mattel Inc, Japan on right foot too. I think she's considered a bubble cut, has painted fingernails and toes, light pink lips, earrings, and blue eyeliner. Any help in identifying her would be appreciated. Thank you! image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Found this link, hope it helps.

https://www.dollreference.com/barbie1.html

Goodluck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@6laxmvp

She looks nice! Well taken care of!  Clean and hair shiny.  Has all her nail polish; including toenail.

I'd say she is an early bubble cut Barbie.  Since this is your aunt's doll, can feel pretty certain she has her own original body. (kids used to like to swap heads back then and it was easy).   Since it is a Barbie only body and does not say  Barbie Midge on her R buttock, then she is probably a 1962.  I think the first bubble cuts came out in 1961 and I'm thinking this one is too pretty to be a 1961. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, I see she has earrings.  They almost looks like white head pins as far as being able to tell by the picture.  Regardless if they are her original pearl earrings or head pins, they need to be removed and put away in safe place so won't lose them(esp. if her original pearls).  Reason to remove them is because they can cause what is called 'green ear', a nasty response of the metal and plasticiser in the vinyl...like a tarnish which can ooze and be very difficult to get rid of.  So, take out the earrings and save yourself a head ache.

Very nice keepsake that your aunt entrusted you with.  Congratulations!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 3
latest reply