cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found these barbies

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this board, but I am in the process of going through my Grandmother's house who passed away last year. I found this case full of Barbies that look to be from the 1960's and 70's. I was just curious for any info about them and what their value may be? I am planning to keep them for sentimental reasons, but I am just interested in learning about them.  Any info you could provide would be awesome. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Found these barbies

The larger one in sparkly jumpsuit - about 18 in?   She is supersize Barbie made around 1977.   I don't know about value.    

For info only: http://blog.fashion-doll-guide.com/supersize-barbie/

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Found these barbies

The naked blonde w/suntan is Malibu Barbie from .late 70s i believe. The one in Bright blue dress doest look like Barbie but a 60s clone. I cant tell w/o a closer pix.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Found these barbies

Here is a closer picture if it helps. The one you mentioned does have mattell 1966 on her bum.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Found these barbies

Better closeup. I think the one with the head wrap and swimsuit might be a Skipper? Blue eye shadow girl has 1966 Mattell on her butt.  Black eye shadow girl looks like her head might be on the wrong body, but her butt says 1958.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Found these barbies

Check these websites to help you id them for sure:

fashion-doll-guide.com

dollreference.com

The year marked on the butts are the copyrite dates not the year they were made necessarily.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply