cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barbie Identification please help!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm new to Barbie and came across this case the other day. I haven't a clue as to what I have here. Who are the dolls? Is there any value here? Thank you so much for all of your help!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, I’m sorry it took so long for a reply. hopefully you still find this useful. I believe you have a number 5 or 6 ponytail barbie, a Midge the one with the flip hairdo (Barbies best friend), and Skipper (barbies little sister) all from the 1960’s number 5’s I have seen sell for around 90 dollars if mint condition with outfit and box, Midge’s usually sell for around 15-44 dollars depending on condition and what version, and skippers I have usually seen sell for 70 dollars if mint. my numbers may be outdated but I believe that’s what they were last time I checked. I’ve included pictures of what I believe your dolls to be I hope you still find this helpful! 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Under closer inspection I believe your ponytail is actually a no. 6 barbie 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@tylecaldwel_9 

The pony tail is a #6.   Midge; Barbie's best friend, and Skipper who is Barbie's little sister.   I would go through sold listings of these dolls (in advanced search, ebay) to find a ballpark of what these dolls are selling for and come up with a value there.  As the other poster pointed out, it depends on the shape of the doll.   From what I can see (with the clothing on), they are in fairly good shape.  The #6 is nice and for some reason, 6's bring a good price or at least they once did.   I'm kind of out of it anymore. 

I love the Skipper and Skooter case!!   This would be good to research as well. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Love the striped articles of clothing!  Nice.  The only item I can determine as not mattel made is the black and red dress of Midge and maybe the black skirt. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 5 of 5
latest reply