cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barbie ID Help

Hi,

Looking for help ID'ing of these dolls.  Not totally sure that they are even all Barbies.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Barbie ID Help

Get shots of the back of their necks. Usually they will be a date or some kind of numerical markings either on the back or underneath their hair on the back of their head. Dates seem to go from 1969 , 1989 ,1999 etc. I have a six-year-old daughter who literally has probably a good 75 to 85 Barbies in a been in those around the dates that I saw on the ones that she has. Hope it helps. Give me a reply if you need any other info once you check out the back hair lines.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Barbie ID Help

@shadow42

Hi

Those dates are not that helpful in determining what year the individual doll came out.  That only tells you what year that body type (if year is on the low back) was first produced or manufactured/licensed.  Many recent dolls (in past 10 years) can have a body date of 1966 if it is using that body (twist and turn) style.

All 3 of these dolls are Barbie lineage.  I'm not real sure if the blonde on the far right is a Barbie head or not as she is not very familiar to me.  People will do head swaps.

The body style that is multiposeable, is called the 'Made to Move' Barbie.   I want to say these gals came out aprox. 2 years ago.   Not sure what year the Asian Barbie (and her name probably isn't Barbie, butshe is in the Mattel Barbie line).  I have seen her and would say she is early 2000s.   I don't have a guide for the more recent dolls, so can't give you an exact ID. 

That is about the best I can do for you, sorry.

Happy New Year!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 3 of 3
latest reply