cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback

Sold an item, it arrived broken, buyer gave negative feedback, buyer said she would remove feedback when she got her refund.  Buyer contacted me to remove feedback.  I put in a request for change of feedback and eBAY refused to remove it.  Nice going eBay.  My first negative feedback in 11 years.  Closing account.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: feedback

@hawkingblueroses 

Did you send the buyer a Feedback Revision request instead of asking Ebay to remove it?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No because I didn't know how.  I posted it on Facebook and it was suggested I contact eBay.  WHY doesn't eBay have customer service?  I have been wasting time for days trying to fix this and can't.  When I did this last ditch effort to contact them and all I get is "ask the community"

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@hawkingblueroses 

Contacting Ebay to remove feedback was obviously not the solution.

Only the buyer can revise the feedback IF they agreed to a feedback revision request.

You should have come here first before searching on Facebook & getting bad advice from inexperienced Ebay users.

Read this: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

*lady*madonna*

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for trying to help.  when I go to link I get a message "revision CLOSED".  eBay makes everything difficult if not impossible to right a wrong so they keep every penney they can get from a seller.  I have lost money over the years for lost items +  They should provide customer service for us.  It's shameful

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@hawkingblueroses 

The reason why it says "Revision closed" is because the sale was more than 30 days ago. (Jul. 1)

*lady*madonna*

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@hawkingblueroses 

< buyer said she would remove feedback when she got her refund >     

I would try to find a sympathetic ear in Customer Service who would agree that this statement constitutes feedback extortion.  Go to  https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230  

You might not prevail, but then again you might, and it costs nothing to try.    

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

"Customer Service" what customer service?   there is no customer service thats why I ewnt to Facebook and you Community board.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@hawkingblueroses 

< there is no customer service >    

Did you read past the first ten words of my post?  What happened when you clicked the link I provided?  Oh, that's right, you didn't click it.  This time, go to that Help page and read it.  Your answer is there.       

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I did click on it.  It may have been someone else that I replied to.  When I clicked on it, it said "closed" and I couldn't go any further.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

When sellers send a Feedback Revision Request, it has to be done within 30 days of the transaction.  Another mentor mentioned that the transaction took place on July 1, so it looks like it was too late and that is why it was closed.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 11 of 11
latest reply