cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict shipping to the USA only how to

I don't see any way to choose or select Shipping within the USA only. I want to list a gun part. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

On the listing select United States, for international say NO.

You also need to do the following: 

Specifying your ship to locations
You can exclude certain states, territories, regions, or countries from the places you're willing to ship to.
To exclude certain shipping locations:
Go to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences or Seller Hub > Shortcuts > Site preferences. You may need to sign in.

Click the Show link to see the Shipping Preferences section.
Click the Edit link next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings.

Select the states, territories, countries, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you want to exclude.

Select the Override my shipping exclusions for Global Shipping Program eligible items checkbox if you'd like to allow your eligible items to be shipped to all Global Shipping Program countries.

Click the Apply button to save your selections.

I am a community help volunteer and not an eBay employee

There are TWO options you have to set to block non-US shipping addresses. I also recommend a Paypal option that blocks payment by a non-US Paypal account to block international buyers that have a US address for a freight forwarding company or a family member/friend's address in the US.

The two eBay options

Go to your My ebay > Account > Site Preferences.

In the subsection Shipping Preferences, set up the Excluded Shipping Locations List. Select ALL  world regions, including North America (REALLY), which excludes Canada, Mexico and some Caribbean island countries, but NOT the US. Accept the changes.

In the subsection Buyer Requirements, find the automatic block Locations I Don't Ship Too and activate it. Accept the changes.

The Paypal option to block non-US paypal accounts.

Using this Paypal auto block means you'll have to file and close the Unpaid Item dispute in eBay if an international member wins your listing with a US shipping address. The Unpaid Item dispute can be opened after 2 days from the win, the close 4 days later.

Warning: you're likely to get complaints from your winning customer when they find they can't pay and you file the Unpaid Item dispute. Do it anyway.

Paypal buries this option really deep. In the following, some are titles for a page or subsection, some are links and some have an Update button on the far right.

Selling Tools >

Seller Preferences >

My Profile >

Getting paid and managing my risk >

Block payments >

Payment Receiving Preferences >

Block payments from users who: >

Have non-US PayPal accounts

If the item is permitted by eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

1.  Select & set up domestic shipping only.

2.  Uncheck the box on top of the International Shipping section that pertains to the Global Shipping Program (opts the  listing out of the GSP).

3.  Exclude the protectorates?

https://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-costs.html

4.  Set your Buyer requirements to enforce where you will & won't ship.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html