cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scam?

Today I recieved a link to an ebay photo gallery for a truck I am interested in. I found it on craigslist and text the number listed to get more info. They said they made the listing for the seller and then gave me the actual sellers email adress. I reached out and they responed with a link to a ebay photo gallery with more detailed pics of the truck. They said if I was interested, I needed to give them my name adress and phone number. They would then have ebay contact me for shipping and once delivered I would have a 5 day inspection period to look over the truck. If I chose to buy it ebay would release my money to them. If not ebay would release it back to me. I dont have much ebay experience but this all seems fake. They don't have a sale page, just the photo page. Link is below. 

Pictures here: https://www.ebayphotogallery.com/zdjecia2/Galeria/9241678/10#zdj12

The "sellers" email to me:

"Hello again,
Like I said in my first e-mail I moved to my sister in Hillsboro, NH from where the vehicle will be shipped to my next buyer's address. I supposed to ship the vehicle to another buyer who then he told me that his loan was not approved. He already paid for the shipping charges so you get free delivery.
We will complete the deal using eBayMotors because I already prearranged the whole process with them and using their services you have 5 days of inspection before i receive any payment and if you don't like it you can send it back (no shipping charges applied). This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy and i will be glad to know that eBay has the possession of your payment during the inspection period. The final decision to buy it or not will be after the 5 days inspection period. This is their policy regarding this type of transactions so we both are covered. Along with the vehicle you'll receive all the documents including receipts, owner's manual, 2nd set of keys, title into your name  and also a bill of sale signed by me and eBayMotors.

So if you are interested in buying please reply your full name and full address including the street number, zip code and phone number so I can notify eBayMotors that you are selected as my possible buyer, and they will contact you shortly with the transaction details step by step.

I look forward to hear from you"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

https://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

S C A M

ebay has no connection to Craig's List or any other site selling cars. There are warnings on Craig's List, but you have to click on the link to read it.

ebay does not have a warehouse, will not ship the vehicle to you for free to inspect, and then ship it back if you do not like it.

Vehicle listings on ebay have an item number. You either BID on the vehicle or you can BUY IT NOW, just like all other listings. A deposit is usually sent via Paypal. Then the buyer and seller agree to meet to have the vehicle inspected, and buyer hands over cash or cashier's check in exchange for the keys and title.

Stop communicating with the scammer.