cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I DO NOT WANT TO LINK MY BANK ACCOUNT TO EBAY

I DON'T WANT TO LINK MY BANK ACCOUNT TO THE NEW EBAY POLICY.  I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.  FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE OVER $2000 IN SALES ON EBAY AND ALL THAT IS IN MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT.  IF EBAY WANTS TO HOLD MY MONEY FOR ME, IT IS OK WITH ME.  I JUST DON'T WANT TO LET EBAY HAVE ACCESS TO MY BANK ACCONT.  WHY SHOULD I?  IF EBAY STILL WANTS MY BUSINESS THEN LET ME CONTINUE WITH EBAY BUT JUST WITHOUT ACCESS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT. I USE PAYPAL FOR ALL MY EBAY PURCHASES, AND ALL MY EBAY SALES GO INTO PAYPAL.  NICE FOR ME, EASY FOR ME.  AND PROFITABLE FOR E BAY.  IF EBAY WANTS TO CONTINUE THAT WAY IT IS OK  WITH ME.  IF EBAY WANTS TO HOLD MY RECEPTS AND THEN PAY FOR MY PURCHASES, THAT'S OK TOO.  I DON'T MIND EBAY TAKING THE PLACE OF PAYPAL.  BUT IF EBAY TAKES THE PLACE OF PAYPAY, IT SHOULD DO IT IN THE SAME WAY.  MAYBE I WILL SWITCH TO CRAIGSLIST WITH NO FEES. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DisneyHopper - If eBay wants my business, then they will allow me to continue without my SSN or bank account.  It is their decision, not mine.  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ebay and Paypal did not renew their contract, so ebay went with Adyen to be their payment processor.  Payments will now go to your checking account so you will need to provide your social security number and a checking account number by the deadline given to you.  If you do not, eventually you will not be able to continue selling on ebay.  All sellers will eventually be in Managed Payments by the end of 2021.

Many sellers have opened a separate checking account from their regular checking account in order to continue selling on ebay.  Your choice.