cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect feedback negative

While in NY (I live in Florida) selling my home I contracted Covid.  I had had my listings on hold.  Each 30 days I would put them on hold another 30 days.  I was sick and did not check my listing and a person  bought a book.  I was so sick for 3 weeks that I  must have missed the sale.  My fault completely.  However when i realized the error I sent a message to the buyer and mailed the book.  She was happy but had already posted very bad feedback for me.  I called eBay and asked them to remove the feedback and call the buyer to prove she was happy and understood the I was ill.  
I was told that 90 days had passed and they could not help me.  I have signed up for an Etsy Account and will leave EBay if I cannot find a resolution.  I am selling very little since I took my listings off from hold.  Can anyone give me advice.  I have always been a top performer and do not look forward to starting again with another company.  Thank you 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Defect feedback negative

@eileen2018   while sad that you were so sick, eBay and all companies have to stick to their policy, otherwise they would have to make exceptions for everyone, making their policy worthless and company day to day life chaotic.

Also, there are plenty of sellers who say they are leaving eBay, some who have sold hundreds of thousand and even millions of dollars worth of merchandise, and quite frankly, eBay doesn't care.

Good Luck on whatever u decide.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply