Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

Cancel Best Offer after Accepted by seller

Cancel Best Offer after Accepted by seller

rzyan
Enthusiast
Hello,

I made a "best offer" on a watch late last night. Overnight the seller accepted my best offer. Is there a way to cancel my offer eventhough the seller already accepted it? The seller is waiting for me to complete the transaction.

Thanks for any information.

rzyan
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES

Re: Cancel Best Offer after Accepted by seller

in reply to May 27, 2011 9:22:31 AM
ketchup.soul
Scout
talk to the seller, work something out
Message 2 of 6

in reply to May 30, 2011 4:56:32 PM
thefirstlarjones
Pathfinder
Why in the world did you make an offer if you didn't intent to complete the transaction???
Message 3 of 6

in reply to May 31, 2011 7:14:38 PM
maha-sam-atman-1987
Thrill-Seeker
You could just not pay, but that is really bad karma. :-)

Seriously, you entered into a contract when you made the offer, and you really should follow through, unless there are exceptional circumstances, like suspected fraud on the part of the seller.
All know the way, but few follow it.
Message 4 of 6

in reply to Dec 23, 2013 6:44:04 AM
paigemichele-18
Enthusiast

I made offers on 3 different items from 1 seller that I've recently bought things from. I haven't received anything I bought from this person in the mail yet but when I finally did it was right around the time they accepted my 3 offers. After recieving 1 thing from them I decided I don't want to pay for the things I made offers on because the sellers product looks nothing like the picture, it's just junk. I've tried to contact the seller countless times to them I want to retract my offers because I know they're products are not as desicribed and they have yet to respond. I just keep getting notifications telling me to pay for my items but I refuse to pay for $75 worth of what I now know if usless junk. When I try to go to the resolution center on ebay it just redirects me to all these other questions that have nothing to do with what I'm trying to do. I just want to report this member and ebay can't even help me do that. If I don't pay for the items soon or they don't get removed from my cart by the seller then I will get more than 1 unpaid item strike and my account will be closed for the year which I can't afford to happen because I use ebay to run my business pretty much. This is absolutely ridiculous and I need help ASAP

Message 5 of 6

in reply to Dec 23, 2013 7:21:37 PM
dgalaxie
Trailblazer

tell the seller you want to cancel the offer - and say you are sorry - go thru the official cancel transaction routine thru ebay and no harm done except that you will be blocked by the seller

but dont do it again - if the seller refuses to cooperate then you take your complaint to ebay as they always side with the buyers

no good seller wants an unhappy customer - regardless of any implied contract

if he retracts your without a problem offer make sure to give him good feedback as a good seller

Life has become immeasurably better since I have chosen to stop taking it seriously.
Message 6 of 6