Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

share survival tips and gear

share survival tips and gear

jaspfre-p6nsyk
Pathfinder

FullSizeRender-2-300x120.jpgFreedom II Survive, Inc

Hello Folks, I'm pretty new to Ebay. And, I thought this would be a great way to share ideas,/products. I'm a Seller and a Buyer. Always looking for great deals. 

I'll start this with SURVIVAL TIP #1:

Easy way to waterproof matches is to dip them in nail polish (any color). Let dry, then repeat 3 times to assure weathering. works like a charm.

~Jaime (Liberty Belle Spears) 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES

Re: share survival tips and gear

in reply to Apr 15, 2017 1:15:22 PM

yes that would work,but maches dipped in candle wax is even better-it even works similar to candle WET.

Message 2 of 9

in reply to Apr 15, 2017 8:06:05 PM
jaspfre-p6nsyk
Pathfinder

so very true. problem with living here in FL in gets very hot. My Ruck on a summer day will easily melt anything in it. lol
I love the reply. I wish more folks were informed.

Message 3 of 9

in reply to Apr 17, 2017 4:34:43 PM
i have been in the outdoors enjoying/hunting-found many things to aid me-like cutting a wild grape vine for water-pine pitch(tar) to easily to build fire-persimmions-paw paws for snacks-if a person takes the basics-he/she can get by.
Message 4 of 9

in reply to Apr 17, 2017 8:08:42 PM
jaspfre-p6nsyk
Pathfinder

So very true. Great advice! Thank you for the tip. Keep um coming. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9

in reply to Apr 19, 2017 7:44:00 AM

i could (maybe i should) write a book on survival tips-all learned first hand-many people say if you are lost to look for moss at tree base to tell you what direction is north-if you do that then you will only go in circles-best bet could be to stay put -build a fire or if you HAD to travel keep the sun in front or behind you-at least you can go straight.

Message 6 of 9

in reply to Apr 19, 2017 8:03:35 AM
jaspfre-p6nsyk
Pathfinder
Awesome information. Here's a good question... What are the top 7 items you would have in you BOB?
Message 7 of 9

in reply to Apr 19, 2017 8:27:23 AM
jaspfre-p6nsyk
Pathfinder

I think as long as you can identify with the terrain or a specific landmark you will have a better chance. Something very simple is "tree marking". 

Using the Sun and Stars only give you general direction. We know that the Sun always rises in the East and sets in the West. But, not exactly due East or due West. Also, take in to considerartion the seasonal variation..In the northern hemishpere, The sun will be due South when at its highest point in the sky, or when an object cast no appreciable shadow. In the Southern hemishpere, this same noonday sun will mark due North. In the northern hemisphere, shadows will move clockwise. Shadows will move counterclockwise in the Southern hemisphere. With a lot of practice, you can use shadows to determine both direction, and time. I hope that all came out right, and makes sense. It's hard to type. but, easy to explain. Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 9

in reply to Apr 19, 2017 2:03:58 PM

my keltec pmr30-water proof matches/butane lighters-rope-hatchet-space blanket/light duty tarp-rations-some water.

Message 9 of 9