Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

USPS Tracking say "Available For Pick up"

USPS Tracking say "Available For Pick up"

ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer

Ok I'm going to ask a stupid question so here goes......

Two of my buyers received their priorty mail packages today. One tracking number says "Delivered", the other package sent to a different buyer, had indicated it was also out for delivery but now says "Available For Pickup". it was a medium sized (the long one) priority mail box and obviously wouldn't fit in the mailbox if no one was home.

Would it be prudent to email the buyer and let them know that it appears the package is at their PO?   I think I already know the answers I'm about to receive but thought I'd ask anyway.

And concerning my other post about the buyer who's book was returned to me by the PO as "NO SUCH NUMBER", it has been five days since I offered a refund and still no communication from them. I have not made any other attempt since then

(thread here)

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Book-Returned-To-Me-As-UNDELIVERABLE-Cannot-Contact-Bu...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES

Re: USPS Tracking say "Available For Pick up"

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 5:14:55 PM
a_c_green
Rockstar
Odds are that yours is not the first pickup notice your buyer has ever had. Don't worry about it; it'll probably be picked up tomorrow.
Message 2 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 5:14:56 PM
nowibuystuff
Rockstar

Stop Babysitting the DC's and this "Problem" will go away

PLEASE don't eMail the Buyer , You are only looking for trouble

Does not matter how big a package is coming to my house

it gets left on the front porch under the little mail box on the wall

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 3 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 5:16:12 PM
Rockstar

In theroy the shipper left a note saying the item is avalabe for pick up.. I would let them know my self.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not contact eBay, it is a user to user system. i r a user.
Message 4 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 6:02:23 PM
ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer
Babysitting you call it? I think it's courtesy
not everyone has a little mailbox on their wall or a porch where a package can be left
Message 5 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 6:10:10 PM
bokabainc
Adventurer

The receiver generally have 7-14 days to pickup the package before it is marked unclaimed and returned. If the buyer can't make it to the post office, they can arrange to attempt redelivery.

Message 6 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 6:44:23 PM
nowibuystuff
Rockstar

ferrari-f1fan wrote:
not everyone has a little mailbox on their wall or a porch where a package can be left

YES, I call constantly checking DC's >> Babysitting

Doing that does NOT increase the speed of delivery

Just seems to put added stress on you

If you stop checking the DC's this stress will go away

Even if they don't have a covered porch, they must have some kind of USPS authorized receptacle to put the mail in

Carrier will leave the card there to pick up the package at the PO

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 7 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 6:54:39 PM
ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer
Thank you, that is good to know
Message 8 of 16

in reply to Jun 20, 2014 9:37:45 PM

ferrari-f1fan wrote:

Personally, I call it not looking for trouble.

What happens if by contacting the buyer, they realize they already have the package but it wasn't scanned as delivered, and then file an Item Not Received case with eBay?

Message 9 of 16

in reply to Jun 21, 2014 7:12:30 AM
ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer

I will not contact them at all.

gee i never realized that there are so many rotten folks out there. I mean as a buyer for many years I always left feedback within a couple of days and during the paypal transaction would leave a note to say that I would let them know when the package arrived. I thought i was being courteous.

In fact, until I began reading these disccusion boards I was rather excited now that I was starting to sell a few things. Knowing how easily someone can ruin a reputation after so many years of being decent, well I tossed a few things into a box that I was thinking a selling and will just drop them off at Goodwill. Let them deal with the hassle. Too bad it's turned into a playground for fraud and accusations. I really feel for the good, honest sellers. Now I realize what you have to put up with,

Shame on you ebay Cat Mad

Message 10 of 16

in reply to Jun 21, 2014 8:50:17 AM

Most buyers are good, honest people.  It's the few bad ones that you have to try to protect yourself from.

Generally speaking, most common items can be sold on eBay with very few issues.  You only hear about the bad experiences on these boards.  But it's good info to have, so that you can take some steps to avoid problems.

Message 11 of 16

in reply to Jun 21, 2014 8:21:36 PM

If you(or the buyer) sends an email there goes our auto 5* DSR Smiley Wink

Don't do it.

Tiptoeing through the tulips can end in stepping on a cow patty Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 16

in reply to Jun 21, 2014 11:47:39 PM
hafoster
Rockstar

bokabainc wrote:

The receiver generally have 7-14 days to pickup the package before it is marked unclaimed and returned. If the buyer can't make it to the post office, they can arrange to attempt redelivery.

@fatwari, are you the payer of the postage, and the shipping agent of this package to be delivered?

Are you the person, executioner, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom mail would be redelivered?

Then fill this out: 

http://redelivery.usps.com

The person who prepares this form states that he or she is the person, executioner, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom mail would be redelivered under this order.

Message 13 of 16

in reply to Jun 22, 2014 7:31:30 AM
ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer
Last Edited 07:33:39 AM

hafoster wrote:

bokabainc wrote:

@fatwari, are you the payer of the postage, and the shipping agent of this package to be delivered?

Are you the person, executioner, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom mail would be redelivered?

Then fill this out: 

http://redelivery.usps.com

The person who prepares this form states that he or she is the person, executioner, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom mail would be redelivered under this order.

Who is @fatwari ?

Message 14 of 16

in reply to Jun 22, 2014 2:29:30 PM
ricketts62
Trailblazer

The "Available for Pickup" will probably change on it's own in one or two business days.  I'd leave it for now.  My sister lives way out in the country and mailbox is down at a main road.  My packages to her get this message if they are too big for her box.  She is used to driving in to town when she gets a notice but might not do so for a day or two.

Your buyer will probably either go after the package or they will attempt a re-deliver.  At any rate, since some people are, unfortunately, less honest than others, I would not leave any message indicating that you think the package is anywhere but safely on it's way to them.  Just wait.

Message 15 of 16

in reply to Jun 24, 2014 6:44:33 AM
ferrari-f1fan
Adventurer

ricketts62 wrote:

The "Available for Pickup" will probably change on it's own in one or two business days.  I'd leave it for now.  My sister lives way out in the country and mailbox is down at a main road.  My packages to her get this message if they are too big for her box.  She is used to driving in to town when she gets a notice but might not do so for a day or two.

Your buyer will probably either go after the package or they will attempt a re-deliver.  At any rate, since some people are, unfortunately, less honest than others, I would not leave any message indicating that you think the package is anywhere but safely on it's way to them.  Just wait.

I hadn't thought of that, thanks for the advice

I haven't contacted them at all, my lips are super sealed Cat LOL

Message 16 of 16