Archive Shipping & Returns
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

I bought a camera, had it sent to my old address and they think it was stolen am I covered?

I bought a camera, had it sent to my old address and they think it was stolen am I covered?

davet4689
Enthusiast

I bought a camera, a fujifilm finepix xp60 for $140 with free shipping via the USPS. I tracked the package and realized that online it

said that it was delivered, however I hadn't recieved it. After a frustrating day or two I called the post office and asked where my

package was. They said that they delivered it to my old address. Apparently ebay automatically sent it to my default address. I'm a

college student who moves around near the university. I rarely use ebay and forgot to update the shipping addresses. I asked the

new owners of my old house if they had received the package however, they told me that they think it was stolen because some

of their mail is missing as well. I have contacted and filed a report with the local police but I'm wondering if there is anything else I

can do or if I'm out $140 because I didn't update my address. Any advice would be appreciated as $140 is a lot for a college

student, especially around Christmas time. I have asked the seller if he has any advice, or if he can do anything but they say it's

out of their hands. I've had a heck of a time trying to navigate ebay's resolution center as well as finding a phone number to call.

I'd prefer the product (camera) over a refund, but don't know if I can get either. I like ebay and realize I should have double

checked the stupid address but was busy with work, school, etc. Thanks for the help and sorry for the long message. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES

Re: I bought a camera, had it sent to my old address and they think it was stolen am I covered?

Re: I bought a camera, had it sent to my old address and they think it was stolen am I covered?

in reply to Nov 22, 2013 5:15:08 PM
takikawa4
Rockstar

If the package was sent to the address given the seller, there's nothing for you to do. EBay can't help you and PayPal can't help you. Sorry.

Message 2 of 7

in reply to Nov 22, 2013 7:37:15 PM
nowibuystuff
Rockstar

SO

You are upset with the Seller because they shipped the package to the address YOU supplied?

Opening an INR claim >> Item Not Received << Will be a waste of your time since you have already indicated the package was delivered to the address supplied by you

Call it a learning lesson >> $140.00 worth >> I am sure you pay more for less at your college / university

Lesson learned is to be sure the ship to address is where you want the package delivered

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Message 3 of 7

in reply to Nov 24, 2013 9:45:20 AM
jacobsghost
Thrill-Seeker

davet4689 wrote:

I like ebay and realize I should have double checked the stupid address but was busy with work, school, etc.

it's your mistake, no one elses

Guard Against The Imposturers Of Pretended Freedom
Message 4 of 7

in reply to Nov 25, 2013 11:09:08 AM
babylove80jr
Rockstar
Op went ahead and left the seller neutral feedback.

Thanks for posting, OP.
Message 5 of 7

in reply to Nov 25, 2013 11:12:40 AM
takikawa4
Rockstar

babylove80jr wrote:
Op went ahead and left the seller neutral feedback.

Thanks for posting, OP.

Well, at least it wasn't a neg. And, truthfully, that feedback makes the buyer look bad.

It's really too bad some people just refuse to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Message 6 of 7

in reply to Nov 25, 2013 11:20:02 AM
bffyfan
Thrill-Seeker
He lied in the feedback, says package was stolen, not that he supplied the wrong address.

Still not taking any blame.
Message 7 of 7