Archive Shipping & Returns
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Good Thermal Printer for Mac - eBay Shipping Labels?

Good Thermal Printer for Mac - eBay Shipping Labels?

tlfulfillment
Adventurer

Hi,

Do you know of any good thermal printer that supports eBay Shipping Label and is compatible with a Mac? (4 x 6)

Also would you reccomend a thermal printer for someone who ships 10-15 packages a day or should I wait until I hit 50 packages a day?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES

Re: Good Thermal Printer for Mac - eBay Shipping Labels?

in reply to Aug 14, 2013 11:31:02 AM
bffyfan
Thrill-Seeker

A good thermal printer will pay for itself quite quickly even doing 10-15 items a day. (of course the actual savings is a factor of what you are doing now to apply labels)

Big question: do you use an online PC Postage product like Endicia? If yes then look for a used Zebra 2844

If no, then do not get a used Zebra 2844 Mac does not support it.

Look for a printer that uses commodity 4X6 labels you can buy anywhere, do not get one that requires specialty or manufacturer labels- the cost savings is small in that event.

Hopefully Mac users will be along to tell you what thermal printers they use for ebay/paypal shipping.

Message 2 of 6

in reply to Aug 14, 2013 11:59:22 AM
tlfulfillment
Adventurer

I currently use the free FedEx laser labels to use with my printer. That takes a long time to insert the label and print. I currently only use eBay Shipping. I do not use Stamps.Com or Endica for Mac. Also with the thermal printer I can use the free FedEx labels.

Message 3 of 6

in reply to Aug 14, 2013 12:06:14 PM
Rockstar

To date no brand or type of thermal label printer is supported by eBay or PayPal on the Mac . 

The problem is the Java Runtime, which differs between the Mac and Windows version, and the fact that eBay/PayPal refuse to make a few changes to their application to make it work.

The only work around is to print to PDF and then print the file, or run Windows (Parallels) on the Mac.

Besides the Zebra, also look at the Dymo 4XL.

Message 4 of 6

in reply to Aug 15, 2013 10:17:43 AM
Rockstar

It appears that eBay Bulk (1-50 labels) Printing (as opposed to individual printing), uses PDF to output a label, even though Java is still involved. So printing from a PDF window to a label printer may actually work on a Mac. 

Of course, don't buy a printer to experiment, but this may yet be a good workaround.  I don't have a Mac here, but let me see if I can find someone to give it a try.

Message 5 of 6

in reply to Jan 6, 2014 3:14:26 PM
kentuckyweaverra
Adventurer
Last Edited 03:14:54 PM

I've printed from PDF to a Brother QL-500 on a Mac.

Message 6 of 6