Archive Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Lots of Junk loading when you select this site.

Lots of Junk loading when you select this site.

stonevintage
Guide

My new (old) but clean computer has been breezing thru all websites, except this one.... all day. When I click on Ebay, until I get to my account or into advanced search - the computer sign at the top left with the little arrow wheel keeps going round and round. At the bottom left - all kinds of sites are being accessed. Adware, Twitter, Facebook, 30 or 40 links attaching and it's endless. Even 2-3 minutes into this site - it's still herky jerky because all this adware/link hookups are swarming my entry into this site.

All the other sites are fine..... I just went into my safemode browser and now it's clean and functioning properly. It blocks adware. WTH??? This site is not advertising on all those sites - I wasn't even into my account. It's just random chaos that I'm sure is being experienced on shoppers computers too.   Almost to the point of hung app - but not quite.   Suicide run? Sell out all your shoppers to adware sites???

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES

Re: Lots of Junk loading when you select this site.

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:04:31 PM
emerald40
Rockstar

When you go into the categories, the browse related column to the right of the listings slows everything down.

You have to wait for all of it to load before you can start scrolling.

And if you start too fast it gets stuck and my computer freezes.

Message 2 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:06:24 PM
fiftee5chevee
Thrill-Seeker

Same here...I'm on an old 2009 desktop computer with windows 7.  >Once the site loads and runs...I have among about 5 or more ADS,  two annoying Progressive insurance ads, one top banner ad, and one in the middle of the page...and a huge tire store AD in the center mid/top of page, and some other small ones....argh.

Message 3 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:16:35 PM
stonevintage
Guide

Do you have an adware blocker search engine you can try? The difference for me is amazing.

Message 4 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:19:14 PM
emerald40
Rockstar

To be honest I am not sure.

My husband set up the laptop for me.

The only thing I know for sure is I have McAffee.

Message 5 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:31:06 PM
stonevintage
Guide

I know exactly what you mean. Those banner ads suck a tremendous amount of active memory from an older computer. But, this one's the same age - just wasn't used more than 5 days before I boxed it up. When I think of the mountains of garbage that must have downloaded from those ads over time it makes me sick.

I think I'm just going to stick to the safezone browser. I think all those ads also have embedded stuff in them, even if you ignore them, that gets into your computer.

Message 6 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 6:49:38 PM
accessoriesetcplus
Trailblazer

I couldn't get it to load today or a little yesterday. This is the first time I have ever had this happen. I think Ebay was just messed up today. Very frustrating. I just hope Buyers aren't experiencing the same thing.

Message 7 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:18:00 PM
stonevintage
Guide

I was just in Google trends looking at some stuff. I exited that and typed in Ebay. Here's the list that came up. Apparent another search engine besides Google is redirecting customers to Amazon. I mean - look at what I searched for and look who's first on the list.....

IMG_4441.JPG

Message 8 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:34:29 PM
celbu_0
Trailblazer

You need to scan that computer with Adaware, it is clogged up with malware.

You also need to spend 300 bucks and get a new desktop with Windows 10.

Message 9 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:39:41 PM
stonevintage
Guide

And you need to read the topic. As stated, the one I was speaking of died yesterday. The only thing I need to do with it is find a proper burial site for it. This ones running fantastic and it's a clean machine.   

Message 10 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:45:57 PM
celbu_0
Trailblazer

Really ?

Here is what your posted...............

My new (old) but clean computer has been breezing thru all websites, except this one

Message 11 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:48:52 PM
goodluckselling
Rockstar

It is not eBay.  You have an XP computer system in the year 2016.  You will find this problem with more website as you continue to use that older operating system.  Try to save enough money to get a current computer that can handle the internet in 2016, and especially for an online business operating on eBay. 

The cost would only be about 400.00 dollars or less with holiday special.  I am sure you will find the investment worthy.  You are taking a huge risk that everything will continue as normal, and eBay expects you to operate as normal, regardless of any setbacks a seller may encounter.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 12 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 7:58:15 PM
goodluckselling
Rockstar
Last Edited 10:37:13 AM dm_karen

stonevintage wrote:

I was just in Google trends looking at some stuff. I exited that and typed in Ebay. Here's the list that came up. Apparent another search engine besides Google is redirecting customers to Amazon. I mean - look at what I searched for and look who's first on the list.....

IMG_4441.JPG

I am sorry but what you are showing in your attachment shows Amazon bought an ad and that is why they are showing first.  You can see it for yourself.  look at the picture again and you will see ads felated to eBay.  This in internet 101.  

Message 13 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 8:13:01 PM
rock-rollcafe
Trailblazer

I am sure you are excited about get a new/used computer but Ebay has been doing fine and the same speed as any other site I've been to all day. Something needs to be cleaned from your new "used" computer.

Message 14 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 8:17:40 PM
celbu_0
Trailblazer

We all tell him the same thing, to spend 300 bucks to get a new Windows 10 box, I just did that, you have to pay to play, when your old machine **bleep**s out and can't take a Microsoft update any longer, that is what you have to do.

This guy takes pride in cutting corners, but in the end you get what you pay for, you are not going to beat Microsoft at their game, their updates will ruin old boxes in the end, so you have to buy a new computer or they will put you out of business.

That is what happend to me, I was out of business because my computer died, so you have to pay to play the online game.

Message 15 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 8:47:13 PM
circa1901
Rockstar
Last Edited 08:47:53 PM

@stonevintage

I have a 5 year old HP running Win 7 with Firefox + Adblock Plus. I don't see any ads on ebay. The boards are a bit screwy but the ebay site itself runs just fine, I haven't had any problems for a long time. Also it doesn't take forever to load ...I have none of the problems you're describing in your OP.

If you're using XP, that's your problem. I absolutely hated to give up XP, I loved that OS, but I feel it's not safe with no security updates. I recommend you go to Win 7. It's not all that much different than XP and MS is supporting it 'til 2020. At that point I plan on going to a Mac (I'm saving up for it!).

Message 16 of 52

in reply to Oct 18, 2016 9:34:41 PM
yuzuha
Rockstar

goodluckselling wrote:

It is not eBay.  You have an XP computer system in the year 2016.  You will find this problem with more website as you continue to use that older operating system.  Try to save enough money to get a current computer that can handle the internet in 2016, and especially for an online business operating on eBay. 

The cost would only be about 400.00 dollars or less with holiday special.  I am sure you will find the investment worthy.  You are taking a huge risk that everything will continue as normal, and eBay expects you to operate as normal, regardless of any setbacks a seller may encounter.

Good Luck Selling!

Wait, OP, you're using XP?  Junk that computer now.  XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning that it no longer gets security updates and is thus far more vulnerable to viruses and malware than anything with a current operating system.  Not only that, but many programs no longer support XP and won't even work on that machine.

I would never, ever do anything involving any sort of financial transaction on a machine with XP.  It just isn't secure anymore.

Message 17 of 52

in reply to Oct 19, 2016 6:31:36 AM
stonevintage
Guide

I would never have considered keeping XP past the update cutoff if it wasn't for Avast. Initially, they agreed to cover it and provide updates for 12 months but they extended that though I don't think this will continue much into next year.

My reason for keeping this is purely financial at this point. I am not in the position to buy a new computer but will be after March. If this one can keep going until then - it will be purpose served.  This one's running great though - As long as I stay using their encripted browser that runs in an isolated environment - I should be able to keep it healthy for a few more monthsSmiley Happy

LOL - I purchased the one that just croaked here 5 years ago for 60.00 along with this spare. I think I just wore it out.  Diagnostic error reports showed a "device failure" as the problem which showed it was probably a driver failure. At any rate, it served me wellSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 52

in reply to Oct 19, 2016 6:34:44 AM
goodluckselling
Rockstar
Last Edited 06:35:15 AM

stonevintage wrote:

LOL - I purchased the one that just croaked here 5 years ago for 60.00 along with this spare. I think I just wore it out.  Diagnostic error reports showed a "device failure" as the problem which showed it was probably a driver failure. At any rate, it served me wellSmiley Happy

That has a good chance of being a bad hard drive.  Does it boot up all the way, or do you have to open it in safe mode? 

Message 19 of 52

in reply to Oct 19, 2016 6:35:58 AM
stonevintage
Guide

OK. I've said Avast is supporting XP 4 times here and apparently no one is paying attention. Here's an article about it.

https://blog.avast.com/2014/03/12/avast-will-continue-to-support-windows-xp-for-home-and-business-us...

Message 20 of 52