Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Help Me Pleeeeease????

Help Me Pleeeeease????

2014kimberlina
Enthusiast

Hi Everybody,

I,m NOT New to E-bay (as a buyer) thou COMPLETELY out of My depth as a Seller!!!

Put a listing of a House-Clearance jewellery on last week however & was 100% Uncertain if it was going to make Me RICH, Or make Me look stupid!!! Ho, ho!Smiley Frustrated So, to My astonishment i had messages on how much to buy it now etc: as soon as the listing appeared! The parcel of jewellery got sold @ £255 + p&p as the buyer insisted it Special delivery!!!

Buyer know wants a FULL refund as he says the listing was "misleading" & that the jewellery is "Damaged/Broken"  The majority of that jewellery was Brand new & boxed up!!! 

Can someone help Me pleeeease????

*I,m happy to refund -IF  I am in da Wrong, thou i dont feel i am????

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES

Re: Help Me Pleeeeease????

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 9:26:19 AM
redbud_farm
Rockstar
Doesn't matter if you are wrong or right.

EBay will require a return for refund.

At least on eBay.com. EBay.UK may have better customer service.

Also you might find buyer picked through lot and returns junk. Nothing you can do as no way to prove what was sent either way
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 2 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 10:41:40 AM
emerald40
Rockstar

Did you sell it under another id because nothing is coming up in your sold list.

How was it listed?

Message 3 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 10:49:20 AM
sin-n-dex
Guide

I re-read the OP's comment, they said they got messages when the listing disappeared. This implies to me that maybe it was not completed on eBay.

That being said, if the buyer paid by paypal they can still open a dispute, but eBay would not be involved.

Cheers, C.

Message 4 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 11:20:18 AM
retrose1
Rockstar

sin-n-dex wrote:

I re-read the OP's comment, they said they got messages when the listing disappeared. This implies to me that maybe it was not completed on eBay.

That being said, if the buyer paid by paypal they can still open a dispute, but eBay would not be involved.

Cheers, C.

When the listing APPEARED.  What happened was the OP was getting offers to sell before the auction was over.

OP, your buyer is going to scam you.  i do not know how it is in the UK, but here you tell them to return it ALL back to you and you will refund.  Again, here, if they send back the lot minus even one piece or any that have been replaced with broke junk, you can report the buyer to the post office for mail fraud - get the report number, report the buyer to the police for internet fraud - get the report number, and then enter those report number into reports about the buyer to ebay for abuse of returns and abuse of buyer protection.  Then call ebay - as for dispute resolution and let them go over your reports and close any dispute/request in your favor.  That will release your money and remove the defect strike.

But again, that is here in the US, if you want to know what to do in the UK, you will have to check the boards and policies there.

Do not list anything on ebay that you can not afford to lose.  Especially if you have a selling id that has less than 100 feedbacks on it.

It is never a good idea to list something whose dollar value is more than your recent selling feedback on ebay.
Message 5 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 11:23:09 AM
sin-n-dex
Guide

Thanks Retrose, I think I'm too tired to read clearly today.

If the OP got the offers as soon as the listings were posted, someone was hunting for that sort of thing (and targetted the OP).

Cheers, C.

Message 6 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 11:31:19 AM
retrose1
Rockstar

No problem C, I've made some boneheads myself before my morning coffee.  I am sorry if i appeared to be yelling, but it seemed the easiest way to get the word noticed.

Not sure how much more help we can be.

It is never a good idea to list something whose dollar value is more than your recent selling feedback on ebay.
Message 7 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 11:50:11 AM
alycat3
Trailblazer

Hi, that is a tough one!!!  What I would do is contact them and let them know that the jewelry was sent new and undamaged (as per the LISTING PHOTOS - hopefully you had some pictures that clearly show the undamaged condition) and that it must have somehow happened during its shipping journey (sometimes the Postal sorting machines can mangle packages - very RARELY though does this actually happen) and insist they forward you photos - that you need these to start the insurance claim process (this is good to bluff them out if they are lying about it, it might scare them quiet).  If they do send you pictures, you can see exactly the pieces they are talking about - you only have to refund the damaged ones NOT any undamaged ones.  Then you can tell them as per eBays return policy, the full refund will be granted once the items have been returned to and received by you.  Often dishonest buyers will see this as too much hassle and will not follow through.   Anyways, please keep us posted!!!!

Message 8 of 9

in reply to Jul 30, 2015 1:56:15 PM
sin-n-dex
Guide

No worries, I saw you quoted me, so I went back to re-read the OP's message.

I have a habit of reading very fast (that's from having to read 50 pages of text to find a policy number and date of loss in a brief to file it appropriately), so unfortunately on my off days I'm not paying as much attention to the posts as I should...

Cheers, C.

Message 9 of 9