Archive Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

HOW DO I STOP COMPETITION FROM ABUSING VERO PROGRAM THAT DELETE ALL MY AUCTIONS?

HOW DO I STOP COMPETITION FROM ABUSING VERO PROGRAM THAT DELETE ALL MY AUCTIONS?

rarethingsforsale
Adventurer

Please help! I am in serious need of help from the eBay Community.

All information provided to me will be very appreciated and used in fairness, honesty and I will provide the same.

Because I don’t use the Vero Program for property rights and my competition does, my competition abuses the Vero Program to delete my auctions although I am not in violation. Keep in mind that my competition ONLY has copyrights for 2 certain words in conjunction with each other and an image/logo, nothing more, and of which I never use. My competitions products and my products are similar but not exactly the same. However, every time i post my items, which I post hundreds, I continuously get that message in my inbox that my 100's of auctions were removed for copyright violations.

I create my own items, descriptions, and pictures. I have been selling these particular products for over 1 year. My competition, just recently started selling similar products. I have contacted the property rights owner and they have blocked me from messaging, calling, and never respond and have verbally refused to speak with me. I have contacted eBay customer service and the Vero Program via fax and email, yet no response or action in this matter. My competition has over 18k sales and I am under 200 in my one eBay account for which I sell these products.

My competition has had their eBay friends make purchases from me just to tarnish my reputation and have succeeded at 1 point. I have blocked most of those users and have had nothing but positive feedback and ratings for my sales since I have blocked those users.

My competition has also used category manipulation. Before my competition began to sell similar items as myself, my competition and their eBay friends reported my items as being not in the correct category. Eventually, eBay made me change my category. Now that my competition sells the same type of products, they list in the category for which I have been removed by eBay. I have also contacted eBay without any help.

My competition sells items that have 2 copyrights on the products of which my competition is only legally allowed to list their items with their own copyright and NOT the other copyright. Yet, my competition still lists those items regardless of the law and eBay policies. I have become good friends with the other copyright owner and explained to him what my competition has been doing. This friend is now talking to their lawyer and are going after my competition for the benefit of my friends own copyright. My friend has allowed me to use his logo as long as I give credit, which I do. The products we sell were always best known for both logos or copyrights on the items. However, I do not use my competitions protected copyright, but do use my friends copyright on my products I sell which I am permitted. 

Now that you heard my story, what is the best course of action that I could take to protect myself, my eBay account, and avoid any future deletions of my auctions and fight this eBay BULLY?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES

Re: HOW DO I STOP COMPETITION FROM ABUSING VERO PROGRAM THAT DELETE ALL MY AUCTIONS?

Re: HOW DO I STOP COMPETITION FROM ABUSING VERO PROGRAM THAT DELETE ALL MY AUCTIONS?

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 6:59:17 PM
emerald40
Rockstar

To be honest, the only way to keep your account is to sell something else.

You may not think it is justified, and it may not even be, but you are on ebay's radar.

Vero takesdowns are serious.  And if you keep doing it, you will lose your account.

Message 2 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 7:08:13 PM
rarethingsforsale
Adventurer
I do not like what you said, but thanks. There must be something that I could do legally...
Message 3 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 7:15:16 PM
buckeye-grandpa
Adventurer

eBay is ONLY concerned with the ALMIGHTY BUCK.Because he has sooo many ads, and pays them alot of money each month,,,,and that's all they care about.The rest of us can just go straight to H***..If they read what the ads said, and noticed his ownership name is NOT on any of them, they wouldn't be doing this, but it's easier to please HIM, than to tell him to just booger off...Oh, and why is it others can do the same thing you're doing, and their ads go un-touched???? $$$$  IS the reason........

Message 4 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 8:59:47 PM
fashion-junquee
Adventurer

Am I understanding this correctly? You and your competitor both have license to use a third person's copyright. Your competitor uses VERO to claim the copyright is his?

You will not get any satisfaction dealing with eBay on your own. You need to contact an attorney and discuss your options, which include suing your competition. This is a legal problem. Maybe your attorney could draft a cease and desist letter for both eBay and the competitor. I wouldn't be too optimistic that would work. You will probably have to go to court.

In the meantime, I wouldn't use the copyrighted things in your listings. You will lose your account.

Message 5 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 9:12:48 PM
luckythewinner
Rockstar

rarethingsforsale wrote:
I do not like what you said, but thanks. There must be something that I could do legally...

There is.

You can file a counter-notice asking that the material be put back up. Once you do that, eBay is required by law to put the listing back up within 14 days if the complainign party does not file a lawsuit against you. 

However, think carefully about a counter-notice because you must state under penalty of perjury that your material was wrongly removed. A counter-notice is you basically daring them to sue you - which could have serious consequences if it turns out you were wrong. 

Lucky

Message 6 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 9:33:47 PM
rock-rollcafe
Trailblazer

Disregard what the grandpa said. Ebay has an obligation to remove items once contacted using the Vero system. Lucky knows what he is talking about so read carefully what was written. You need a lawyer if you want to fight that other seller and you need to sign yourself up with the Vero program otherwise your listings will continue to be removed and you will be booted from Ebay for life real soon if you continue to keep relisting those items.

Message 7 of 19

in reply to Jan 5, 2017 10:39:50 PM
slippinjimmy
Rockstar

You don't need a lawyer to file a counter-notice and IF you are in the right that's usually all it takes. If on the other hand the other party is confident they are right (true or not) and they are nasty enough to actually go after you...THEN you need a lawyer!

Message 8 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 4:57:38 AM
retrose1
Rockstar
Last Edited 04:59:30 AM

rarethingsforsale wrote:

You can get a copyright for your items and then sign up to ebay's VERO program and then defend that copyright.

I did not see anywhere in that confusing post anything that said that you held the rights to produce and sell those items and if you did, why aren't you using it in the VERO program?

But if ebay has taken down numerous listings more than once, then the odds are good all your accounts will be banned from selling on the 20th so whatever you do, you should be doing it quickly.

It is never a good idea to list something whose dollar value is more than your recent selling feedback on ebay.
Message 9 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 7:48:01 AM
rarethingsforsale
Adventurer

No... misscommunication. I am the only one allowed to use 3rd person copyright. He is not allowed to use 3rd person copyright although he does still. nothing is stopping him from using the 3rd party copyright at this time. He is claiming that I am using his copyrigtht when i am not. 

Message 10 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 8:15:41 AM
chrysylys
Rockstar

rarethingsforsale wrote:

You would need to talk to a lawyer about that.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 10:09:11 AM
rarethingsforsale
Adventurer
Where do I find this counter notice?
Message 12 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 11:47:25 AM
slippinjimmy
Rockstar
Message 13 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 11:55:57 AM
chrysylys
Rockstar

rarethingsforsale wrote:
I have contacted the property rights owner and they have blocked me from messaging, calling, and never respond and have verbally refused to speak with me. 

Is this the other seller you're talking about?

If you can get with a lawyer, they may be able to look into something along the lines of restraint of trade.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 14 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 12:37:13 PM
7606dennis
Rockstar

I'm a bit confused. Are you the copyright owner or do you have a license to use the copyright owner's intellectual property? If the latter, do you have that permission to use his copyrighted material in writing?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 1:09:14 PM
rarethingsforsale
Adventurer
Found out it was a Trademark issue and NOT a copyright issue so nothing will help and eBay says contact a lawyer.
Message 16 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 2:14:42 PM
midnight_mystic
Trailblazer
Last Edited 02:16:32 PM

Message 17 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 4:55:31 PM
sharingtheland
Rockstar

VeRO "covers" copyright and trademark issues and no, you do not need an attorney.  You do need to do some searching using that big G place.  Some of the words in the title of this thread should get you started.

I looked at your items and see that you have ended them all.  The name of your store and the use of the word "reproduction" in your listings does not bode well for you.

I've spent a large chunk of time this week looking at (wacky) new types of inventory; tired of finding myself in races to the bottom for an increasingly smaller amount of profit.  Maybe there are other items you can list while you're slugging it out with VeRO?

And, to be honest, I got totally lost in all of the this person/that person narrative but I'm sure others have figured it out.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 18 of 19

in reply to Jan 6, 2017 8:37:28 PM
sin-n-dex
Guide

fashion-junquee wrote:

Am I understanding this correctly? You and your competitor both have license to use a third person's copyright. Your competitor uses VERO to claim the copyright is his?

You will not get any satisfaction dealing with eBay on your own. You need to contact an attorney and discuss your options, which include suing your competition. This is a legal problem. Maybe your attorney could draft a cease and desist letter for both eBay and the competitor. I wouldn't be too optimistic that would work. You will probably have to go to court.

In the meantime, I wouldn't use the copyrighted things in your listings. You will lose your account.

Speaking as a person who is a representative of a corporation that has spent lots of time in small claims court fighting other businesses, this is a waste of time and energy.

Either start completely fresh, or change product.

Cheers, C.

Message 19 of 19