Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

why in the world would eBay discontinue supporting Turbo Lister

why in the world would eBay discontinue supporting Turbo Lister

gypsyjane
Pathfinder

I have used Turbo Lister for years and it is working great.  Why in the world would eBay discontinue a listing tool that works so well!  I like the way my listings are retained for future use.  One page does it all!  I do not use a Smartphone for anything......I use a PC only and that is the way I like it.  When is this 'new and improved' program going into effect?  It appears that this new program is making a lot of sellers unhappy and that maybe there are too many glitches that need to be worked out!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES

Re: why in the world would eBay discontinue supporting Turbo Lister

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 9:31:01 AM
lilshanshan33
Adventurer

I think you answered your own question.  I don't think they care about people using PC's anymore

Message 2 of 28

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 9:41:27 AM
thebusybeaver
Adventurer

I thought it was some sort of joke.....But it's not April 1 st.......

This is crazy !

Message 3 of 28

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 9:46:37 AM
hhhddd
Enthusiast

Turbo listing need a lot of improvement, but new eBay HUB is really bad. I try to use it- not works What kind of people created his HUB? They have no idea what seller need to create listing

Message 4 of 28

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 10:18:37 AM
mephamhighgrad
Adventurer

The reason is very simple - they can lay off the Turbolister staff and save a lot of payroll cost.

The irony for ebay is that for me to maintain TL functionalilty, especially saving listings over 3 months,and saving them securely, will force me to purchase some outside software ... which in turn means that I have to drop one or more store subscriptions.  If there are more sellers in a similar stiuation, this move could end up costing ebay more than they are trying to save.

Message 5 of 28

in reply to Sep 9, 2016 7:45:47 AM
dwshoobop
Adventurer

If they discontinue TurboLister it will be time to look for another auction site! They are gearing everything towards phone usage, yet the people that are my customers are still using PC....they forget that the older generation has MORE disposable income and they are buying...those with phones are paying thru the nose for all the latest technology with no money to spare!

Message 6 of 28

in reply to Sep 16, 2016 9:32:33 AM
jandsknight
Thrill-Seeker

TurboLister is not perfect, but with it we can retain listings which makes selling easier.  

Another feature I like about TurboLister is being able to move listings from one of my accounts to another.

KEEP TURBOLISTER, EBAY!!!

Message 7 of 28

in reply to Nov 15, 2016 8:28:48 AM
cleanandtidy2011
Enthusiast

so my turbo lister backups which contain in excess of 3000 items are now useless and i now have to figure out a whole new system **bleep** i dont have enough time for that

Message 8 of 28

in reply to Nov 15, 2016 1:42:50 PM
ymeagainlord
Rockstar
Well they're not useless yet (unless you're on XP). You still have time to import them to another program.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 9 of 28

in reply to Nov 26, 2016 1:34:52 PM
stonehengecrystals
Adventurer

This is very depressing to hear about this. Total stupidity, but understandable. Another example of eBay making it hard for the small business owner. It has been a steady downturn to Sellers for at least 10 years now, and this is the worst of all. ANY BODY IN EBAY LISTENING? Of course not. Their interest is 99.99 on young buyers and large Seller companies, who can afford to write their own listing software. It matters not to them about old sellers (16 years on eBay) because they have always wanted to get rid of us.

So when is this shift supposed to happen? Some "bright bart" suggested exporting the database into another program, the most insane thing I have heard. eBay changes its rules very often, which means the "new program" would have to be updated as well. This is and has been the bane of software developers who for years wanted to do something with eBay. Forget it.

Madness, some 20-something manager's idea which has no reality for Sellers, especially for those whose customers (like myself) who have PCs. It is like eBAY putting up a sign asking me to leave they do not want me business. What if a few hundred of us Sellers formed a class-action complaint? Think then someone will listen? I doubt it but it is worth a try. Make a big stink. Ugh.

Message 10 of 28

in reply to Nov 28, 2016 8:57:13 AM
vintagebev
Scout

I can't believe they are going to discontinue Turbo. My entire inventory of listing  is in  Turbo in my pc.  So what am I suppose to do? To list them individually would take forever and I don't sell enough to warrent opening a store.

Message 11 of 28

in reply to Nov 28, 2016 3:16:27 PM
pocomocomputing
Rockstar
Last Edited 03:18:04 PM

@vintagebev wrote:

I can't believe they are going to discontinue Turbo. My entire inventory of listing  is in  Turbo in my PC.  So what am I suppose to do? To list them individually would take forever and I don't sell enough to warrant opening a store.

Supposedly eBay will add features to the Seller Hub to allow importing and exporting of listings from your hard drive to replace some listing features of Turbo Lister. I do not trust eBay to make a useful tool to do this as they promise so I have been exporting my TL listings to a CSV formatted file each month. Many third party programs will read these CSV  format files if you need to one day go to a third party listing program.

WonderLister is a third party listing tool that has low monthly fees and runs on a Windows based computer like Turbo Lister. You can store unlimited amount of listings in it and pay just $5 USD a month to have up to 1,000 active listings on eBay. I would suggest that if eBay does not come through with features in the Seller Hub to import and export listings as promised that you look into WonderLister as a temporary or permanent solution.

Here is a link to their pricing web page.

http://www.wonderlister.com/pricing

I am suggesting WonderLister because they seem to have the best pricing for casual and small sellers with just a few listing (1,000).

Other third party tools that run on a windows computer like Turbo Lister is SixBit Solutions but their pricing is high for a casual and small seller compared to WonderLister. For online third party tools there is Auctiva and inkFrog and others. I find Auctiva to be the one of the better third party tools out there but that is my opinion. But the pricing for Auctiva is high compared ($10 USD and up) the $5 WonderLister option.

I have not used WonderLister myself but have followed them when they first came out 3-4 years ago. I am thinking of trying they out to compare to Turbo Lister. I have 8,000+ old listing in my Turbo Lister from 8 years of selling on eBay. I sell mostly one of a kind items and need to keep old listings in case I come across the same item (happens fairly often).

I hope this helps you decide what to do.

Message 12 of 28

in reply to Dec 4, 2016 4:19:27 PM
drac
Adventurer

First Trump, now this.  Next year would be my 20th year selling on eBay.  I hope it will be, but removing such a veritile tool as TurboLister is "fixing something that isn't broken". Not to mention being forced to learn something new, unfriendly, not-versitile.  I survived the loss of Mister Lister.  Generally, I feel like eBay is disrespecting its long time customers that made it great.  I guess it's the new generation making room for the new generation and really not understanding who is being hurt. 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

DRAC

Message 13 of 28

in reply to Dec 7, 2016 10:57:11 AM
drac
Adventurer

KEEP TURBOLISTER !

Message 14 of 28

in reply to Dec 16, 2016 12:42:24 PM
protolab-guy
Adventurer

I'm also very unhappy about this.   I don't like this being forced into the cloud.   There is sixbit but it's not cheap and is a monthly subscription.   Probably a market out there for a new app that is 1 time price or at least per update.  All the subscriptions add up to big drain of $$

Message 15 of 28

in reply to Dec 20, 2016 11:43:03 AM
sickofchanging
Adventurer

So those of you who have tried these other listers which is the best for the money. I have appx 3000 items and small store.  I agree what are they thinking!

Turbo lister works well for me because I can list off line then upload in batchs when ready to do so.  Makes editing etc a lot better for me.

Message 16 of 28

in reply to Dec 27, 2016 4:15:54 PM
di25535
Guide

Seriously considering packing it up completely whenTL is gone.  I also sell low volume, OOAK items, and need the ability to work offline.  TL keeps history things available, and I'm not at the mercy of my slow connection, except when I actually upload.  

Tried revising a listing using the online tool. Slow, user surly, and a waste of my time.

I use TL every day - ESPECIALLY Post=sale.  Easy to see exactly what weight I used, how I expected it to ship, and the box size to use to ship it.  These thing matter  - and are had to find online, assuming I can weight 3-4 minutes per listing for the page to load.

I actually expect this year to be a money losing year for me.  Adding added expense makes no sense - especially when we may never get a listing seen at all.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts....
Message 17 of 28

in reply to Dec 27, 2016 9:19:49 PM
elcamino59
Adventurer

Because Ebay caters to the sellers selling mass produced merchandise that you can get at a variety store, Amazon or a dozen other places on line and people like me selling items that they are lucky to find another for sale ANYWHERE else are kicked to the curb. Turbo lister is for users that actually have to write auctions and acutally do the work of a business because we can't cut and paste descriptions from 50 other people selling the same item online in an online application.

Message 18 of 28

in reply to Dec 28, 2016 2:19:47 AM
fashunu4eeuh
Guide

stonehengecrystals wrote:

"What if a few hundred of us Sellers formed a class-action complaint? Think then someone will listen? I doubt it but it is worth a try. Make a big stink...,"

i am surprised when this call to arms arises almost weekly. Every ebayer agrees to the ebay UA terms when using the platform, unless they opt out. The UA has an Agreement to Binding Arbitration in lieu of getting satisfaction in a court of law. So no class lawsuits. 

The link is below. See the heading titled 

Legal Disputes for the arbitration  verbiage.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Message 19 of 28

in reply to Jan 4, 2017 7:21:28 AM
arun7500
Guide

April 1st is the introduction date. Why get rid of Turbo lister, of course that's obvious, it's free and easy to use. Just like adding the 10% fee to your shipping, the new listing tool will come with a small (hehehehe) monthly fee. We've asked the same questions, since our TB inventory has over 9K and photo heavy using self hosting. Besides form letters of ' your going to love this and easy to use, ' there has been no specifics. Looks like it's going to be the same fiasco when they changed the picture requirements to 500 pixels.

Message 20 of 28