Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Ridiculous new listing tool

Ridiculous new listing tool

jeffreallende-0
Enthusiast
Last Edited 09:41:53 AM

I have been selling on Ebay for 10+ years.  I decided to create a new account because it will help me balance out certain listings.  So my seasoned seller account uses the classic old listing to list new items.  My new account uses this toddler-based layout.  I hate it.  Contacted Ebay on chat, they basically tell me tough s#$&, they are all eventually converting to this "listing for kids" layout.  I absolutely hate it.  It takes me twice as long to list anything with this new layout.  I am NOT going to be happy if i end up having my seasoned account linked to this toddler looking listing layout.  Grrr...Sorry I just had to vent out to someone....

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES

Re: Ridiculous new listing tool

in reply to Jul 27, 2017 10:04:13 AM
jeffreallende-0
Enthusiast

actually I kinda did figure it out, I click the advance listing link....thats exactly what I wanted.....idk why chat couldn't help me with that.

Message 2 of 16

in reply to Jul 27, 2017 10:18:06 AM
do.you.read.me
Trailblazer

Glad you found it.

Ebay doesn't want you to use the advanced tool because it doesn't allow them full micromanagement of your listings....forcing good til canceled and best offers that they can control for the seller.  

Why they portray this new listing tool is anything but a recipe for new seller failure is mind-blowing. 

Message 3 of 16

in reply to Jul 27, 2017 10:46:37 AM
jeffreallende-0
Enthusiast

Exactly.  Its quite ridiculous.  I listed 5 things on my new account, 3 of them were listed wrong afer I KNOW I entered the info right, like forcing "best offer" on me.....My prices are already ridiculously low, Im not offering them any cheaper.  Especially since Ebay takes almost 10% on top of paypal fees.  I agree, they don't need to micro manage me.  I know what I want, and what Im doing.  Ebay just wants to try to extort as many fees out as they can.

Message 4 of 16

in reply to Jul 27, 2017 10:57:45 AM
do.you.read.me
Trailblazer
Last Edited 10:58:58 AM

Just in case you haven't seen or heard yet, they are also forcing instant payment required on all items less than $1,000 unless your shopping cart and combined shipping settings are perfectly coordinated on Monday, and the buyer's shopping cart is red in color with no greyed out options to request an invoice 3 seconds before the full moon wanes.  

Message 5 of 16

in reply to Aug 5, 2017 3:07:40 PM
suico62
Explorer

I haven't listed anything for sale on ebay for a number of years, but I have a couple of items that I want to sell.  However, if it is a pain to get them listed and then ebay charges a lot of fees and then takes a percentage, why not just list them on Craigslist for free?

Message 6 of 16

in reply to Aug 5, 2017 6:10:00 PM
onamistynight
Adventurer
Totally agree. This new forcing of the Buy It Now "or BO" listing is just that, it stinks big time.
Message 7 of 16

in reply to Aug 9, 2017 11:05:32 AM
tropicalremix
Adventurer

I hate the new layout too. It is harder to list items.

Message 8 of 16

in reply to Aug 11, 2017 11:53:55 AM
stratkat3
Adventurer

I hate it too. Its idiotic. Cant compare shipping.  I asked eBay why and they said they know its inconvienient for us but had no reason for doing it.

Message 9 of 16

in reply to Aug 14, 2017 6:00:22 PM
catzim111
Pathfinder

it is just me, or can you not change with moving the cursor in any of the boxes? when I list something using an old template, it won't let me click on anything and change it? so aggravating, I don't have time to fight to get into every little box

Message 10 of 16

in reply to Aug 15, 2017 8:33:21 PM
ogrjmj
Adventurer

i agree, i am so tired of ebay changing things after i finally get used to the new thing they roll out.it's annoying enough paying these outgrageous fees. i can't wait until i sell off most of my collection i have now then i wont have to sell much anymore on ebay,and i wont have to pay taxes anymore either, once that started it ruined me!

Message 11 of 16

in reply to Aug 17, 2017 6:47:38 PM
j_miller_20657
Adventurer

Have you also noticed a SEVERE drop in views?? Ever since they started this new listing with the additional changes TYPE, MATERIAL, METAL....and so on, have completely destroyed search results. One extra, or less, word will show different results. I've tested this on my listings at my home and my friends house. I type 1970 Half, I got about 75 results...none of my listings show. I type 1970 silver half, my listings show and the results show about 125. SHOULDN'T IT BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND???!!! 1970 half should show 400 results, and the 1970 SILVER half should show a lot less! That's just one example. My friend quit Ebay because his view count went down by 90%!!!! THIS NEW SEARCH ALGORITHM AND LAYOUT SUCKS!! When corporate starts seeing sales figures plummet, someone will be fired and the old layout will return...until they screw it up again.

Message 12 of 16

in reply to Aug 20, 2017 12:06:29 AM
miketo2040
Adventurer
Someone at Ebay Should Get Fired for This !! The New Quick Listing tool is No Help At all it's Way too Complicated, i Can't use the Cool old school cursive i've always used You can only use there generic Lettering, The Pictures won't upload the there's not enough resolution and if you goto rotate a pic it just deletes it, there's no way to remove taking best offers and i called ebay and that was pointless, they need to fix this problem and fix it Fast, Don't fix what already works.
Message 13 of 16

in reply to Aug 29, 2017 11:47:43 AM
crusaderff3
Adventurer
agreed. I am listing items from my iPhone and cannot get rid of the "or best offer" option. This is bull**bleep** and I'm seriously **bleep** at eBay for this.

Losting all my items on other sites until they fix this because I can't figure it out and the eBay person who replied to my complaint just said "use the advanced tool option" but did not show me where it's at on the eBay app and I cannot find it. I also could not find it on my desktop computer.
Message 14 of 16

in reply to Aug 29, 2017 12:10:34 PM
Rockstar

@crusaderff3  wrote:  I also could not find it on my desktop computer.

I can switch back & forth between the two features on my Dell laptop.  Open the SELL link on the upper right of your My eBay page & determine which option you're in by looking at the upper right... there's a link to switch back & forth.

The first screen shot is what I see when I open selling... it auto-defaults to the Advanced tool, since that's what I've always used.  The second shot is what I see when I go over to the Quick listing tool.

Sorry, I can't advise you on a cell phone (don't have one Smiley Wink).

QUICK.png

Advance.png

Graciously grin when you growl...lion.gif

Message 15 of 16

in reply to Sep 2, 2017 5:28:09 PM
happymom37
Adventurer

I hate the new lay out as well.  I also don't like the way you have to upload the photos.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it!  I feel it is a way for marketing and IT to justify their jobs but what they don't realize is that it ends up costing the company more money in the long run.  I was totally unaware of all of the things I have been reading on these post.  This is crazy.  I wondered why I received an instant payment today.  Here's something funny for everyone.  I have responded to the surveys (more than once today) regarding my opinion and it said they had received zero responses to this survey.  When it asked for comments, the first comment I put was, "There was no way that I could believe that there were no responses to their survey."  It even rigged!  About to give it up.

Message 16 of 16