Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

New listing tool = FAIL!

New listing tool = FAIL!

acguy2
Adventurer

I hate the listing tool.  It is so restrictive, dysfunctional, and NOT what I need...   I have to now resort to the classic site.  I just wish Ebay ' s management would read this stuff.  They simply don't care.....  Pay your fees, and submit to them.   

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES

Re: New listing tool = FAIL!

in reply to Mar 27, 2016 11:17:39 AM
superaliepi
Scout

Yep, it sucks.  I hope they don't eventually force us to abandon classic view and use this **bleep**py thing.

They probably won't listen to our complaints, even though it is in their best interest to do so.  The more we sell, the more they make in fees.  This tool takes me at least twice as long to list something.  It aggravates my vertigo with all the extra scrolling required...I don't get how they don't understand that one page that is much LONGER takes MORE time with than two pages with relatively quick clicks.  Ugh...

Message 2 of 88

in reply to Mar 27, 2016 11:48:57 AM
superaliepi
Scout
gotta love how ebay auto-edits out certain words that accurately describe this tool. I said c-r-a-p-p-y thing, not **bleep**py thing
Message 3 of 88

in reply to Mar 30, 2016 5:13:25 PM
ddurgin-hawaii
Adventurer

can someone tell me how to get back to the "classic site"  ??

New listing tool is unuseable !

Dan in Hawaii

Message 4 of 88

in reply to Mar 30, 2016 10:15:43 PM
pocomocomputing
Rockstar

The new listing tool does not work for ebay motors. Start a listing in ebay motors and it will drop you back to the old tool, then cancel the listing. Post back if this trick still works to force you out. One day they will disable this trick or support ebay Motors.

Message 5 of 88

in reply to May 4, 2016 6:49:49 PM
mkavooss
Rising Star

I also DO NOT LIKE this new listing thing at all!  Is it possible to get the old one back?  This is frustrating.

Message 6 of 88

in reply to May 4, 2016 9:18:41 PM
niceguypaul
Adventurer
Last Edited 09:53:05 PM by Moderator

Why the **bleep** would I want a *SLOWER* tool?

Message 7 of 88

in reply to May 10, 2016 4:53:19 PM
spira_mirabilis
Adventurer

I can't even get photos to upload with it...Have just spent 45 minutes looking for a way to GO BACK  TO THE OLD TOOL so I can actually list items. I don't have time for this. Cannot make listings at all now. Just wonderful.

Message 8 of 88

in reply to May 11, 2016 12:15:45 AM
pocomocomputing
Rockstar

@spira_mirabilis wrote:

I can't even get photos to upload with it...Have just spent 45 minutes looking for a way to GO BACK  TO THE OLD TOOL so I can actually list items. I don't have time for this. Cannot make listings at all now. Just wonderful.

Just start a listing in eBay motors. The new listing tool does not support eBay motors and it will change you back to the old tool and lock you out of the new tool. Cancel the listing. You should be fine with the old tool.  Just remember the new tool will become the standard tool one day and you will have to convert then.

Message 9 of 88

in reply to May 12, 2016 1:53:26 PM
mysticaldove
Thrill-Seeker
Last Edited 01:54:25 PM

EBAY THIS IS A HIGH PRIORITY BASIC PROBLEM. --- WE CANNOT LIST OR REVISE OUR ITEMS FOR SALE! this new listing form takes several minutes to load, and cannot handle revisions at all. it freezes the page for simple commands like, highlighting and clicking on Decrease Indent in the text editor. The text editor is absolutely useless, it doesn't function much at all. Constant page freezing for simple commands.

ALSO THE DROPDOWN MENU IN TEXT EDITOR NO LONGER HAS ANY LINKS FOR MY OTHER ITEMS OR FAVORITES EITHER!

The bulk editor is no better either.

THERE IS NO WAYIN H3LL THAT A LISTING SHOULD TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES LONGER, TO CREATE OR REVISE. EBAY HAS NO RIGHT AND NO INTEREST IN MAKING ITSUCH A HUGE WASTE OF OUR TIME. IT'S A CRIME!

SO HOW DO WE GET BACK TO CLASSIC OR PREVIOUS SITE??

Message 10 of 88

in reply to May 12, 2016 4:43:35 PM
pocomocomputing
Rockstar

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@spira_mirabilis wrote:

Just start a listing in eBay motors. The new listing tool does not support eBay motors and it will change you back to the old tool and lock you out of the new tool. Cancel the listing. You should be fine with the old tool.  Just remember the new tool will become the standard tool one day and you will have to convert then.

Apparently eBay Motors is now supported (yesterday) by the new listing tool so this trick to get out of the new tool may no longer work.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Hub/Does-the-new-selling-tool-support-eBay-motors-yet/m-p/255398...

See post 6 by ebay Shan

Message 11 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 9:13:16 AM
classic-vintage87
Adventurer
We have lost our saved listing templates! Won't let us make a new one.
Message 12 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 9:20:35 AM
schwartz10901
Adventurer

CALL EBAY AND DEMAND TO GET THE CLASSIC SELLING PAGE BACK. Ebay doesn't read these message boards, but if they are inundated with calls with the same complaints and questions, they'll start getting a better idea, especially since the agents are supposed to notate what problems eBay members are having. 

Message 13 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 9:59:39 AM
pocomocomputing
Rockstar
Last Edited 10:02:12 AM

@classic-vintage87 wrote:

@classic-vintage87

The new Listing Tool does not support the old Sell Your Item Sell Page saved starter templates directly. There is a workaround to using the old SYI saved starter templates and it is fairly simple.

First use this link to get to the old Sell Your Item manage starter templates page with the starter templates. (You may want to bookmark the link in your browser.)

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

Create a new listing using one of your starter templates from the above link. When the Sell Your Item form opens, you will have the old Sell Your Item form filled out with your starter template as before. Now at the top of the SYI form page, click on the change eBay category link. This somehow triggers the new Sell Your Item form to come up pre-filled with all of the starter template options as far as I can tell. Then you can now create your listing with the new SYI form!

Post back if it works for you. I have posted this workaround a couple of times and it seems to work for others. I also requested to the eBay Listing Tool and Seller Hub programming team to allow starter templates to be used directly.

Message 14 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 10:00:46 AM
classic-vintage87
Adventurer
Thank you!!
Message 15 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 10:16:31 AM
firehoarse
Rising Star

i am amazed, i actually thought this might be good, what was i thinking? hope springs eternal i guess. ebay is weird. there are links on ebay pages that dont work, and have never worked in the last ten years.thru different versions. ya. when i now have to search ebays "help" (shudder) i dont use ebay, use google to search ebay and that works.(ie: searchmyproblem site:ebay.com)as an experiment, i have highlighted and copied text from an ebay help page, and then pasted that into the ebay help search and it wont find it. AMAZING. i find it hard to believe they could be this incompetent for this long. it seems intentional to me, they definately dont want help to help

Message 16 of 88

in reply to May 13, 2016 5:23:38 PM
labs118
Rockstar

@mysticaldove
Try this link to get you back to classic lister

https://connect.ebay.com/srv/survey/a/b2c.slt

Message 17 of 88

in reply to May 17, 2016 7:20:39 PM
chapeau-noir
Guide

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@classic-vintage87 wrote:

@classic-vintage87

The new Listing Tool does not support the old Sell Your Item Sell Page saved starter templates directly. There is a workaround to using the old SYI saved starter templates and it is fairly simple.

First use this link to get to the old Sell Your Item manage starter templates page with the starter templates. (You may want to bookmark the link in your browser.)

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

Create a new listing using one of your starter templates from the above link. When the Sell Your Item form opens, you will have the old Sell Your Item form filled out with your starter template as before. Now at the top of the SYI form page, click on the change eBay category link. This somehow triggers the new Sell Your Item form to come up pre-filled with all of the starter template options as far as I can tell. Then you can now create your listing with the new SYI form!

Post back if it works for you. I have posted this workaround a couple of times and it seems to work for others. I also requested to the eBay Listing Tool and Seller Hub programming team to allow starter templates to be used directly.

Thank you for that! Both work-arounds work (and getting to the old listings).  I like the new listing app concept but there are too many missing links - the worst is the lack of promo box which I just can't find - that was great advertising for me as eBay did an excellent job highlighting the promo in my listings. I even posted a thread about it - I'm not sure I've ever started a thread on these boards before!

Message 18 of 88

in reply to May 17, 2016 7:30:07 PM
lucky10lucky10
Adventurer

Yes, in a few months they will.  I use lots of UI's in different businesses and this is how it works folks.

They make it at least 3 X as long to list items now.  Photos are not uploading correctly or at all.  It takes forever to pick out the shipping service b/c they expanded the list.  The crazy "saving fu**ing page draft" **bleep** that takes up to a minute or more to save and will let you work while it's saving.  The photo editor is harder to use now. 

**bleep** eBay.....your site was hard enough to use before because of how ignorantly it was designed.  Now you want to make it harder to list items.

This sucks worse than any other update I've ever seen in my life!  I feel like quiting eBay.

Message 19 of 88

in reply to May 17, 2016 7:48:54 PM
lucky10lucky10
Adventurer

Yes, I agree, this is the slow.  

I opted into the beta test of this user interface last summer and got a glimpse of just how bad it was. I had to go back to the old site because I simply could not get anything listed without a whole lot of work for a single listing.

I pointed out all these different problems to eBay as I'm sure many other beta testers did and not a single **bleep** one of these problems were fixed.

They should be ashamed of putting us through this miserable experience.  Why not just fix the classic site instead of creating a new monster?   The classic UI is slow but could have easily been fixed by putting it all on one page, condensing it, not forcing us to select our return parameters on every single item we list, etc... and it what have been a whole lot faster than it was, but no, they had to create this turd of a situation.

Message 20 of 88