Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

I have a new tool I got from the UK

I have a new tool I got from the UK

pre1840lorraine
Trailblazer

This new tool is from 1993 with an underscore and I got it for zoe.  I was told that I had to pay customs fees because ebay says to, or I would get a red dount. I said no and I got the donut but a quick call to ebay and it went poof. Any one shipping to the UK might want the new to to help them out.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES

Re: I have a new tool I got from the UK

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 4:10:56 PM
tie.dye.cat
Guide

Lovely.  6 negs and neutrals on 3 pages.  Plus a couple blanks which always makes me wonder what they did to the person's dsr's.

What boils my butt is when I see someone give a neg based on the quality of the item.  Do they think we've made these things with our own 2 hands?   I won't sell something that's falling apart, but I have no control over whether the lipstick I sold isn't creamy enough for someone.  

Sorry, off my soapbox now.

Glad you were able to get it removed OP.  And glad she wasn't savvy enough to not blab about her extortion attempt!

Message 2 of 9

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 5:32:58 PM
pre1840lorraine
Trailblazer
Not telling how many removed, because mine was. The message they sent me was pretty bad, it started off "I am so Disgusted" and went on about the 19.03 it cost them in customs fee and that ebay rules say I pay them. The fact that they put that if I didn't pay them back for the fees then they would give me a bad feedback, made it easy to get it remove. They even complained about the fees in the feedback. What makes me really mad is that they are a part time seller also. They know what a neg and low dsr scores can do to someone.
Message 3 of 9

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 5:52:15 PM
tie.dye.cat
Guide
Last Edited 05:54:11 PM

pre1840lorraine wrote:
Not telling how many removed, because mine was. The message they sent me was pretty bad, it started off "I am so Disgusted" and went on about the 19.03 it cost them in customs fee and that ebay rules say I pay them. The fact that they put that if I didn't pay them back for the fees then they would give me a bad feedback, made it easy to get it remove. They even complained about the fees in the feedback. What makes me really mad is that they are a part time seller also. They know what a neg and low dsr scores can do to someone.

How could she possibly not know she was responsible for the customs fees?  It doesn't look like it's her first rodeo. 

And if she's a seller, you'd think she'd have heard about feedback extortion and not been so blatant about it (but thank goodness she was!)

Oh btw, the reason I mentioned about the quality issue is because she negged someone over bad quality.  I just realized that my rant looked a bit off topic up there...lol.

Message 4 of 9

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 8:51:45 PM
evelyb30
Guide

I stick Ebay's boilerplate about customs fees in my auctions, just in case.  By having it there, it's an automatic neg removal if someone gives me a donut for customs fees. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 5 of 9

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 9:35:47 PM
pre1840lorraine
Trailblazer

evelyb30 wrote:

I stick Ebay's boilerplate about customs fees in my auctions, just in case.  By having it there, it's an automatic neg removal if someone gives me a donut for customs fees. 

I have the same in all my listings also but I guess it doesn't keep them from trying to get you to pay them any way.

Message 6 of 9

in reply to Dec 11, 2013 11:14:48 PM
sktrsmw
Thrill-Seeker

I can't figure out the tool's id. Can you give a better clue?

Message 7 of 9

in reply to Dec 12, 2013 2:40:58 AM
pre1840lorraine
Trailblazer

the 4 numbers _ and the person I got it for.

sktrsmw wrote:

Message 8 of 9

in reply to Dec 12, 2013 6:36:33 AM

pre1840lorraine wrote:

the 4 numbers _ and the person I got it for.

sktrsmw wrote:

Is 1993_Zoe really from the UK?  Seems there are more and more tools in my shed from there.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 9