Archive Health & Beauty
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

BEWARE...FAKE YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER MASCARA SELLERS!!!!

BEWARE...FAKE YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER MASCARA SELLERS!!!!

cheriann710
Adventurer

I have been caught up in this scam of purchasing counterfeit Younique 3D Fiber Mascara and there are hundreds upon hundreds of fake sellers out there.  I have notified Ebay authorities and they will be doing what they can to stop this from happening.  I have learned that the back label on the container clearly states which is real and which is fake.  Here is an example of what it should and should not look like...

fake Younique.JPG

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES

Re: BEWARE...FAKE YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER MASCARA SELLERS!!!!

in reply to Nov 23, 2014 6:37:04 PM
"I have notified Ebay authorities and they will be doing what they can to stop this from happening. "

Wanna bet?

Every DAY eBay is notified by members of some seller malfeasance like this. Especially on mass production items from 'overseas'. There are literally millions of such 'fakes' listed here. Makeup is only one category where this happens.

And there is millions in profit (loss) for eBay to consider if they WERE to take the action promised.

So they tell you what you want to hear, and every now and then SEEM to 'act', as long as the seller is small enough in volume not to matter to eBay's bottom line. But for the large volume sellers of this stuff? Somehow they never seem to act on those. And on many others. Others that are pointed out to them, specifically, and for which the proof is both evident and agreed upon by the rep contacted. Those reman, despite MULTIPLE reports.

Meanwhile, one can do some research on the recent revelation that the soon to be new CEO has been sharing search data with the Chinese - so they can focus manufacturing what buyers 'really want'.

Despite authenticity. Because that's their formula for profit dontcha see.

Still, good of you to point this out. Buyers need to be aware so to protect themselves.

Because eBay isn't going to do it. No money in that.
-------- All truths are easy to understand once discovered. The point is to discover them. - - Galileo
-------- Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - - Mark Twain
Message 2 of 66

in reply to Nov 23, 2014 6:40:11 PM
triyarn
Rockstar

Ebay is not going to take action unless the rights holder gets involved. You would be better off contacting them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good! - Ten
Message 3 of 66

in reply to Nov 23, 2014 8:24:36 PM
Rockstar
@cherriann710 thanks for posting this. I was wondering the other day, when I was doing a search for eyelash/eyebrow conditioners just what was what. The brands I expected to see were there, but the price points were all over the place. Worries me about what exactly would be in a fake product. What would happen if I used it? (Of course not realizing I had purchased a fake, price doesn't guarantee autheticity).

I justt decided to put my purchase off until a later time when I could do more research of the products and sellers.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 4 of 66

in reply to Nov 26, 2014 10:20:19 AM
myponytailshop
Enthusiast

NOT TRUE, THEY ARE ALL MADE IN THE SAME FACTORY AND HAVE THE SAME INGREDIENTS AND DO THE SAME THING. NOBODY HAS EVER GONE BLIND. THEY ARE ALL MADE IN CHINA. THE COMPANY SHOULD HAVE THEM MADE IN USA IN HOUSE. MY COUSIN DESIGNS FOR MONCLER AND THEY MADE THE MISTAKE OF OUTSOURCING A FACTORY AND THEN COPIES WERE MADE. CHEAP IS EXPENSIVE IN THE LONG RUN BUT I CAN GAURANTEE THAT ALL YOUNIQUE PRODUCTS ARE MADE  TO A HIGH STANDARD WITH OR WITHOUT STICKER

Message 5 of 66

in reply to Nov 26, 2014 11:44:02 AM
mbalck98
Adventurer

I just rec'd my order of the younnique mascara today from ebay, and there is no barcode on it Smiley Sad Ohh nooo what to do!!

Message 6 of 66

in reply to Nov 26, 2014 1:13:18 PM
cheriann710
Adventurer

I personally would give her a negative for selling something counterfeit or fake...demand your money back.  I called Ebay and made sure they knew the situation.  They are supposed to stop the fake sales, but I still see plenty of them up.  Get your money back~~~

Message 7 of 66

in reply to Nov 26, 2014 1:14:40 PM
cheriann710
Adventurer
They are fake without the barcode and with directions on the back...proven to me by many authorized Younique Distributors. Also, why do the fakes ask less money...because they are not as good as the real ones, therefore, cost less!!!!
Message 8 of 66

in reply to Dec 2, 2014 1:52:47 PM
ashlop
Enthusiast

Hello every i am not disputing the fact that some products may be fake, even MAC and BareMinerals have fakes all over the place. My sister in US is a presenter and she says up until recently there has not been barcodes. I believe this barcodes are put on the uk stock because UK market is new to younique.

Come to think of it how difficult is it to print on a barcode on a product. I am not saying alln on ebay uk is genuine or fake i am just saying barcode isnt the a proof of authenticity. I have all mine from my sister without BARCODE and they are 1000000% real

Message 9 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 8:27:46 AM
youniquemarkus
Enthusiast

I use to work for Younique.  I can tell you right now Younique is spreading it around that if it does not have a bar code, then the Mascara is a fake to bring more customers to purchase the Mascara dirrectly from Younique.  The mascaras with and without the bar code are the exact same mascara.  They are both made at the same Factory in China.  I have actually used one on mine that I bought through Younique and One I purchased on ebay without the bar code and the mascaras are the exact same.  Again I really want to stress that Younique is spreading this around only because they want people to purchase the Mascara from them.  So you decide, do you want to pay more or less for the same product?

Message 10 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 8:38:22 AM
triyarn
Rockstar
Last Edited 08:39:22 AM

The mascaras with and without the bar code are the exact same mascara.  They are both made at the same Factory in China.

One of my favorite candies is made in the same factory as another cnady that I don't like. Does that mean that they are both the exact same candy? I doubt it, considering one has peanuts and the other doesn't.

I have actually used one on mine that I bought through Younique and One I purchased on ebay without the bar code and the mascaras are the exact same.

So you had them tested to see if the ingredients are exactly the same?

Again I really want to stress that Younique is spreading this around only because they want people to purchase the Mascara from them.

I would hope you have proof of this.

Your post is sort of self-serving considering you are selling alleged Younique products.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 10:02:28 AM
Rockstar
I don't know, just because it's mde in the same factory, doesn't mean the ingredients are the same. The ones made specifically for Younique are supposedly tested for quality control.

The stuff being sold in a Younique container, but not made for Younique wouldn't have to be subject to random testing for prrecise ingredients and quality of product.

I would be hesitant to use -any- skin, especially face & eye, that hadn't been subjected to standards testing. Who knows what could be in the stuff?

When I was in college, my friends father was an exec at a company that made containers for high end department store and boutique cosmetics. He would tell us about the large numbers of calls they would gett from businesses trying to buy these branded and trademarked containers. He was always going on about the ways to protect ourselves, etc. so we wouldn't unknowingly buy something that could cause permanent damage.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 12 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 11:07:11 AM
cheriann710
Adventurer
I DO NOT sell any Younique products at all. As I know, you are not really supposed to sell them on Ebay, but I know everyone does it....still THE ONES WITHOUT THE BARCODE ARE FAKE....BEWARE!!!!!
Message 13 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 11:13:52 AM
triyarn
Rockstar

cheriann710 wrote:
I DO NOT sell any Younique products at all. As I know, you are not really supposed to sell them on Ebay, but I know everyone does it....still THE ONES WITHOUT THE BARCODE ARE FAKE....BEWARE!!!!!

I never said you sold Younique products on Ebay, I was responding to another poster, so there is no reason to yell at me. Heck I don't even wear makeup.

Message 14 of 66

in reply to Dec 7, 2014 2:07:29 PM
echo_and_zip
Guide

Now that you have posted that photo,

you can be sure all the fakers will be re-doing their labels.

Shipping is not an entitlement, it's a convenience.
Convenience costs money.
Shipping ain't free.
All Customers have a need,
Some are more needy than others.
Message 15 of 66

in reply to Dec 11, 2014 3:11:31 AM
blushgurls
Rising Star

HELLO KINDLY HELP ME IT'S MY FIRST TIME IN EBAY and I ORDERED 22pcs. Younique  and NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO BEACUSE IT HAS NO BAR CODE.. AND NOW IM CONFUSED IF THESE RUMORS ARE TRUE OR THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE TO BUY FOR THEIR REPRESENTATIVE'S...? HUMMM PLEASE ANY ADVICED? Im FROM KOREA...

HOW CAN I CONTACT EBAY? PLEASE HELP?

Message 16 of 66

in reply to Dec 11, 2014 5:28:43 AM
cheriann710
Adventurer

I am not a Younique Dealer, but my daughters have several friends that are...They have stated clearly that the ones without the barcode are the knock-offs from China.  They used the Younique name and containers and put cheaper products inside of them.  I personally would ask for a refund as these have been proven to be the knock-offs.  Next time you purchase be sure they have the barcode on the back and the instructions should be inside the container.  I gain NOTHING from bringing this to everyone's attention!  I received the fake one and the fibers constantly fall in my eyes and it does not really lenghten my lashes.  I did notice last week several sellers selling the real younique and they sold for a really decent price.  So again, be sure to see the back of the container before purchasing and I would definitely get my money back.  You may have to open a claim against the seller for "item not as described" and ebay will help you in getting your money back...I hope this has helped and good luck with everything!!!  Keep your eyes out for the fakes in all catagories out there!!!

Message 17 of 66

in reply to Dec 11, 2014 6:04:34 AM
"I am not a Younique Dealer, but my daughters have several friends that are...They have stated clearly that the ones without the barcode are the knock-offs from China. They used the Younique name and containers and put cheaper products inside of them."

Huh? If they use the unique containers how are the containers for knock off different in a way of having a barcode ?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 18 of 66

in reply to Dec 12, 2014 2:37:42 AM
blushgurls
Rising Star

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I THINK THAT THEY ONLY MADE THIS RUMOR'S TO MAKE PEOPLE TO ONLY BUY TO THEIR REPRESENTATIVE'S .

AND I THINK THAT'S 3D FIBER WITH OUT BAR CODE ARE YOUNIQUE OLD STOCKS OR ELSE WITH BAR CODE IS FOR THEIR INTERNATION PACKAGING LIKE  FOR U.K.... 

Message 19 of 66

in reply to Dec 12, 2014 2:47:14 AM
blushgurls
Rising Star
I MAILED THE YOUNIQUE SUPPORT TEAM ABOUT THIS RUMOR'S ABOUT WITH AND WITH OUT BAR CODE ISSUES THE SUPPORT TEAM ANSWERED ME IT'S NOT FAKE . I BOUGHT MY YOUNIQUE WITH OUT BAR CODE AND IT WAS FANTASTIC ...
Message 20 of 66