Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Error message

Error message

shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
I'm getting the following error message:

"Error - A return policy must be specified.||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.|CDs|"

I believe I do have the correct entries for "return policy" and "shipping service" columns, but I'm still getting the error message.

Can someone help? Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES

Re: Error message

in reply to Jan 6, 2011 5:45:46 PM
I'm getting the following error message:

"Error - A return policy must be specified.||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.||Error - At least one valid shipping service must be specified.|CDs|"

I believe I do have the correct entries for "return policy" and "shipping service" columns, but I'm still getting the error message.

Can someone help? Thanks.

Hi shotgunshooter99,

I took a look at your uploads. It does look like you were able to get the return policy error worked out. On your most recent upload attempt it looks like the only thing missing for shipping is a cost for ShippingService-1:Cost. Once that is entered you should be able to upload with out that error.

Regards,

Ketty
eBay File Exchange Support
****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 2 of 11

in reply to Jan 7, 2011 12:19:17 PM
shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
Thanks for the reply.

The error message I'm getting now refers to:

Item.ShippingDetails

I can't find anything in the docs that refer to this.

Can you help?
Message 3 of 11

in reply to Jan 7, 2011 2:43:03 PM
Thanks for the reply.

The error message I'm getting now refers to:

Item.ShippingDetails

I can't find anything in the docs that refer to this.

Can you help?

Hi shotgunshooter99,

I did take a look at your files, and the only thing I can see missing for your shipping is the cost in ShippingService-1:Cost. Once that is entered you should be able to upload with out that error.

Regards,

Ketty
****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Message 4 of 11

in reply to Jan 7, 2011 9:20:30 PM
shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
Ketty:

Thanks for your reply.

I added the ShippingService-1:Cost

and I'm still getting an error message.
Message 5 of 11

in reply to Jan 8, 2011 8:52:26 AM
Ketty:

Thanks for your reply.

I added the ShippingService-1:Cost

and I'm still getting an error message.

Hi shotgunshooter99,

Looks like the service you have is also incorrect. You will want to change that from USPSPriorityMail to USPSPriority.

It also looks like you need to change the formatting of your file. Excel uses exponential format. Because of this, it will cause on error on your UPC column. You will want to change that format.

To have it display the full item numbers, you will want to right-click on the column letter name twice to bring up a menu. In this menu, click on "Format Cells" and select "Number" from the "Category" box in the panel that pops up. In here, change the "Decimal places" from "2" to "0" and click OK. This will change all of the item numbers in that column from exponential format to show the full item number.

Regards,

Ketty
Message 6 of 11

in reply to Jan 8, 2011 6:40:24 PM
shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
I reformatted the UPC column. I tried text formatting, but it won't stick on the save. I've tried some other formatting, but they didn't save either.

The USPSPriorityMail I changed from the USPS Priority because USPSPriority was giving me an error message. I changed back, we'll see what happens.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 11

in reply to Jan 8, 2011 7:15:58 PM
shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
Ketty:

I appreciate your help and patience on this matter.

I'm getting this error message:

Error - Shipping service cost exceeds $3.00 maximum allowed for selected category

It's like where did this come from? It's the first time this has showed up.
Message 8 of 11

in reply to Jan 9, 2011 6:28:46 PM
Ketty:

I appreciate your help and patience on this matter.

I'm getting this error message:

Error - Shipping service cost exceeds $3.00 maximum allowed for selected category

It's like where did this come from? It's the first time this has showed up.

Hi shotgunshooter99,

These shipping limits were implemented back in 2008. Buyers have told us that shipping costs on eBay are too high and that this causes them to make their purchases somewhere else. This hurts both buyer and sellers.

Setting maximum shipping costs based on what buyers have told us is reasonable will keep more buyers satisfied and create more sales for sellers.

The maximum shipping cost may be less than your actual shipping costs in some cases. If the maximum shipping cost does not cover your shipping costs, there are several things that you can do.

If you're selling multiple items or a bundle, you can use calculated shipping. Your buyer will be charged actual shipping cost based on the package information your provide, the service you select, and the buyer's location.

You can also sell your item using Buy It Now and include all or part of the shipping cost in the item price.

If you want to sell your item as an auction, you can still start your item at the same starting price with a shipping cost less than or equal to the maximum shipping cost. Many sellers have successful auctions, even with free shipping, because their item looks more competitive to buyers.

For auction listings, you can also start your item price higher to cover your shipping costs. This can prevent you from potentially losing money on shipping.

Regards,

Ketty
Message 9 of 11

in reply to Jan 10, 2011 8:55:12 AM
shotgunshooter99
Adventurer
Ketty:

I've confused Shipping Service Cost with shipping costs.

Where/how do I enter a flat rate USPS cost?
Message 10 of 11

in reply to Jan 13, 2011 1:24:54 PM
Ketty:

I've confused Shipping Service Cost with shipping costs.

Where/how do I enter a flat rate USPS cost?

Hi shotgunshooter99 ,

I looks like you have been able to get the file to go through. If you are still having confusion, you will want to enter the cost in the ShippingService-1:Cost. I show you currently have this set to 0.

Regards,

Ketty
eBay File Exchange Support.
Message 11 of 11