Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Error Code 240 "item cannot be listed" for 3-day listings

cyber-deals
Adventurer

Using FileExchange, "Load Results Reports" display error 240 ('Item cannot be listed or modified.') when we attempt to open new 3-day auction listings: "Error - The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy."

Such items have been previously uploaded many times as auction listings with no
problems ... with all fields/columns the same. That is, all textual descriptions and field values that same, except for "Duration" column.

Our current tests:

We can upload exact same items as fixed price listings with no problems ... with all text and values exactly the same, except "Format".

We can upload exact same items as store listings with no problems ... with all text and values exactly the same, except "Format".

We have uploaded exact same file as 7-day auction listings with NO problems! The CSV files are exactly the same, except in failed upload, "Duration" field/column contains "3", while successful upload file contains "7".

Problem started when new "3-day auction listing" discount promotion launched! Coincidence?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY

in reply to Jan 18, 2009 4:26:12 PM
ksmrbothy
Adventurer
I've been getting the same error with more and more frequency. Out of, say, 50 listings, anywhere from 1-5 will come back with the error code 240|3021 "improper words / cannot be relisted or modified." When I VerifyAdd, everything returns hunky dory. Then when I Add, bingo: a few items get bounced. I don't know that it has to do with the Format or Duration. Seems to have "nuttin to do wit nuttin" as far as I can tell. I've been ignoring it, figuring I'll try relisting later, but, as the error says, the items CANNOT be relisted. So occasionally I've tried eBay's gawdawful Sell Your Item to see what "improper words" I might be using -- but instead of that error, I get the "over limit for the day" error -- when I'm NO WHERE near my limit. So... I guess it's just another of those fun eBay glitches. I dunno what to say.
Message 2 of 2