Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

FEBRUARY Gotta Make Money Support Group

FEBRUARY Gotta Make Money Support Group

bsbk13
Guide

header

February is a short month, but it's long on opportunities to cash in if you're willing to work!  Let's get going and make it happen.....getting the green while having a friendly place to meet up is what this thread is all about.  Newbies are always welcome!

Tricks up our sleeve include Magic Listing Dust....this month it's packed in a super spinner to coat everything you list with good luck!

tp

The green goddess (gripe at her if your sales are lagging, but I'll bet she'll just tell you what we would.....get your listings up!):

gg

And our Valentine, George!

gv

Finally, here are our best tips culled from some very experienced sellers….see if any of these ideas work for you!!

1. LIST AT LEAST ONE THING EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK!  If you are like a like of us here, and have another job, write things up and schedule them to launch on a daily basis. 

2. LIST IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS - Try some regular auctions, auctions with Buy it Now, Fixed Price, and Fixed Price with Best Offer. Not only will you get a better idea what works for YOU, but you'll offer buyers a variety of buying options.

3. DON'T LET YOUR UNSOLD LISTINGS LAY AROUND - Check your My eBay page and click on Unsold...get those relisted ASAP! You've already done all the work, so be sure they're viewable by buyers! 

4. OPEN A STORE - If you are wondering whether you are better off with a BASIC store or a PREMIUM store, figure that if you have over 250 store items, Premium is a better buy....under 250, Basic is....this is at least a rule of thumb to get you started.   Stores used to be great places to put items and keep them available year round, but with the fee changes, maybe not so much. 

However, there are at least three really good reasons to have a store....listing fees are less if you have a store, your items can be separated into categories (much easier for buyers to shop), and you can run Markdown Manager sales.

5. DEAL WITH BIDDERS, BUYERS, AND ANNOYING INQUISITIVE POTENTIAL BIDDERS IN A PATIENT AND FRIENDLY WAY - Remember that it's worth money in your pocket. 

6. KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! This thread is all about MAKING MONEY, that's for sure, but we feel that being supportive of our Lister Sisters and Brothers helps ALL of us. Drop in and hang out! Venting is allowed, but take it easy on the negative vibes and controversial off-topic issues such as politics and religion. 

7. DON'T WORRY THAT YOU'RE NOT KEEPING UP WITH THE POSTS - We are HUGELY talkative, but rarely say anything that's absolutely crucial. If you feel like you missed something by not reading the last 10 pages, just ask! 

So hop in, make friends, hang out, and become a Listing Chick (even if you're a Rooster)!  Everyone's welcome here at the virtual watercooler  :-)

Message 1 of 1,035
1,034 REPLIES

Re: FEBRUARY Gotta Make Money Support Group

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 5:00:50 AM
bsbk13
Guide

Good morning, everybody!

I'm going to be listing today and sure would love some company.  I'm throwing down a Palooza (that is a listing challenge), list TEN brand new things by midnight tonight your time.  Let's call it a Happy-Palooza because I'm happy to be getting back on the listing train after all.  Who's in?

Beth

Message 2 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 5:32:32 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer
Last Edited 05:34:00 AM

Happy February to you and all the other sellers here!

Love the pic of George! I am afraid I will have to turn down the old boy, though, as I already have a date with MY old boy for Valentine's day. 

I don't think I can do 10 as I have company coming for dinner but will meet you half way at 5. Smiley Happy

PS The 4th will be our 30th wedding anniversary. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
eBay is not one size fits all. There is no shame in selling low end items nor glory in high end designers. Money is one color: green
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 5:35:26 AM
brian-i
Guide

Beth – We quit putting tinsel & garland on our tree due to the cats several years ago.  Now we like it better without.   Scared me every time I found tinsel in the poop.  Woman Sad  I've found plenty of curling ribbon there too.  Woman Sad  Thankfully we never had a sick cat from any of it.

Gorgeous thread starter - thanks again for keeping this going!  Woman Very Happy

Paige – Hi & welcome!  Woman Happy

McCoy – Good words on the profit margins.  Smiley Happy

Phun is alive & well!  Woman Very Happy

Patty – OMGosh!  I knew you had multiple IDs, but SEVEN?!?  Wow…I could never keep them straight!  Woman Surprised

Ok - here's the report - We fell $6.76 shy of that $1000.  Boo.  Hiss.  Woman LOL
Now I find we're needing to pull in double that minimum sales goal just to stay afloat this month due to that other stack of bills I mentioned before.  We'll definitely be putting our noses to the listing grindstone over here this month! 

Little Girl did an excellent job at the hospital.  MORE than filled that specimen cup.  I just kept giving her more & more water.  Woman LOL

AND labs were GOOD!  Yay, yay, yay!  Her BUN was 36 (down from 66 in December), and creatinine was down to 1.0 (down from 1.2 both in December & just last week at the Quest lab).  That one REALLY surprised the doctor.  She was also pleased with the new food diary we turned in, and said "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it!"  She concurred w/DH's opinion that quite probably getting her up to go potty once in the middle of the night is helping quite a bit. 

They're giving us 3 more months to push the calorie intake & see if she has a big jump on the growth chart, if it's not up to their idea of "big increase" by then they want to start the growth hormones.  We're not entirely opposed to them, but really hope she'll grow enough on her own with food, of course.

The other thing they mentioned was her rising phosphorus levels, and said that if they continue to rise (by our 3 month visit) they'll be adding a prescription phosphorus binder, that's taken with food to keep the phosphorus in the gut & passing out, rather than entering the bloodstream.  We'd, of course, like to skip any additional prescriptions if we can do so safely.  We'll be talking with the naturopath to get some ideas from her, but I'm guessing she'll suggest upping the calcium intake - she's already on 2 calcium supplements, but one of them is a fairly minimal dose.  The other news is that according to the specialized test (Cystatin-C) for figuring kidney function they've moved the estimate to 24% from 30% 3 months ago.  Woman Sad

So now we essentially pray a lot & continue to stay uber-vigilant.  Woman Very Happy

As to the Palooza - I'm hoping to join you, but we've got to work on the boys room project for a bit today.  Our 3 items going out have been packaged, but DH needs to go to his mom's to print labels as we're totally out of ink.  What we ordered should arrive today if the tracking is right.  If not today, certainly by Monday - it shows as leaving our own sort facility in the wee hours of this morning.

And we've also got to put away yesterday's groceries as we just set the bags on the floor (didn't buy anything cold except butter, mushrooms & carrots), when we got in at 8:00 last night.  We had 2 sleeping kiddos in the car, which were immediately transferred to beds, and I crawled in too.  DH unloaded the car, & he & DS8 returned it to MIL, and came home in the truck.  They didn't make it to bed until 10:00, but needless to say, nothing got put away.  Woman LOL

Once those are done I might still have time to get 10 new ones up.  I'll shoot for it!

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 4 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 5:37:08 AM
brian-i
Guide

homecomforts wrote:

Happy February to you and all the other sellers here!

Love the pic of George! I am afraid I will have to turn down the old boy, though, as I already have a date with MY old boy for Valentine's day. 

I don't think I can do 10 as I have company coming for dinner but will meet you half way at 5. Smiley Happy

PS The 4th will be our 30th wedding anniversary. 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Woman Very Happy  And congratulations!  

A
(Brian's Wife & Mom of 4)
Message 5 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 5:58:23 AM
broncosjames
Trailblazer

Happy Saturday, all

I am in on the Palooza.  Home most of the day and I need to list.  And, I have a twelve pack  of beer in the fridge and that should last me for most, but not all, of the palooza. 

I am off

Later

Jimbo

Message 6 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:08:06 AM
bsbk13
Guide

Hi Homey!  Sure, get in here and do 5!  I may not get them all done today, but am off tomorrow, so will surely get a good # up for tomorrow night.  OH!  Congrats on the 30 years!  That's truly a labor of love.

Hi Brian-A!  Yes, that stuff goes through 'em most of the time, but if it doesn't, it's a crisis!  Glad you like the LOVE making money thing :-D   I've had good sales this week, so hope to keep that going.  The new listings will help, I'm sure.  Noses to the grindstone, yes!

HOORAY for good labs!!!!!  That's the best news of all.  

We went to town last night to look at laptops and ended up coming home and ordering one on-line from Costco.  They have the best prices and they double the manufacturer's warranty PLUS have free 'concierge' service, which gives you quick access to techs for help.  He's going to be amazed what a new computer's like.  He's using one that's 9 yrs old and the keyboard doesn't work!  LOL.   Got word overnight that it's already shipped, too!

Hi Jimbo, great!  Will enjoy your company, I'm sure.  Let's get it done today so you can watch the game.   I haven't watched the Super Bowl or any other pro football in a zillion yrs--doesn't interest me--but will root for the Broncos on your account.  Wonder how much pot smoking will be going on in Washington and Colorado tomorrow…should go quickly and buy stock in Doritos :-D

Getting packages ready and will go to the PO. I'm going to stop in and make sure our new young vet isn't in the weeds working by herself today.  My cousin is a nurse-anesthetist and says the recovery time for the back surgery is a lot shorter than it used to be…good news for the boss!

Love seeing the sun this morning and it's nice and warm….slept with the house wide open last night for the first time in a week or more.

Hugs, all!

Message 7 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:16:52 AM
mightymccoy
Trailblazer

Good morning, good new month!  Smiley Very Happy Snowing on and off here, and DH has to work, so #2 is going to wake up and shovel soon (only 1" and too light to use blower).

I love February, but it's always a very busy month for us.  Our anniversary is Valentine's Day, my birthday end of the month, and lots of days off of school, conferences, HS registrations.... there's always some new interesting twist.

LOVE the hearts up top, btw!

So I got my listing limits raised.  The guy was nice and friendly, and knowledgeable.  But. It. Took. For. Ever!  Putting it behind me, and going to TS today.  And I'm pulling out more stuff of my own to list.   Listed more yesterday between this and that.  Hope to list more today with the new month's 50 free.

FB chatted w/Army Man last night.  He needed tax info, of course.  He's starting to open up (vent), but still isn't ready for supportive comments.  That's okay.  It'll all work out.

So, as of now 0% to goal, and 0% of the month gone.  Good green to all!  *sprinkle!*

~Mighty~

Message 8 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:19:34 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer

One done. I have two more dresses to list and a little top. Will have to dig around for that 5th item. I have plenty tucked here and there. Smiley Happy

***********************************************************************************************************************************************
eBay is not one size fits all. There is no shame in selling low end items nor glory in high end designers. Money is one color: green
************************************************************************************************************************************************
Message 9 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:19:36 AM
forum_use_id
Trailblazer

Jimbo - you must be slowing down as you get older! Super Bowl Eve with your Broncos playing and 12 will last that long????

Finished the month just north of our sales goal for $ thanks to the keyboards continuing to sell. Swim did quite well for us in January as well and we expect that to keep growing right on through Memorial Day. Sold a total of 289 items in January.

Two hoops games this weekend for me and the team I'm coaching. We are playing against the first two opponents we faced when we really were not very good and scored 3 and 4 points in each of those games. Since then, we are putting up around 15 a game (a high number for 4th graders) so hoping we can keep that up and stun these two teams.

Message 10 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:27:15 AM
crnroylman60iv
Trailblazer

Happy February to All!   I was happy with my January sales!!!

Sueshoo - Thanks for noticing my less negativity.  I'm really working hard on it.  It's not easy when you've been that way your whole life but I believe I can get better!!

Deuce - good to see you!  Those keyboards were a great find for you.  How many did you buy in all?

Brian - So so happy for little girl's labs.  We always worry and I know how much you do too!!!

Beth - one hour for back surgery - amazing!  That was always such a risky one.  Glad he did well.

Val - glad your cat is better.

My daughter has a bad stomach virus so look out people.  We were there Thursday night she got sick during the night.  Then yesterday my granddaughter got it.  Ten kids in Jen class were absent.  They both have fevers.  Hoping Mike and I stay fine.

Message 11 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:32:12 AM
dream4deals
Thrill-Seeker

Beth,  Thanks for the thread start.  Love the hearts and George too!

What you said about Barry shopping....oh my goodness.  Did I laugh. I can so relate!  Ha, and then after all that looking home to buy on line.  Bring a book Beth!  Or games on your cell!

Brian a congrats on numbers going down.  Hope you have a great selling month, and really I don't know how you do it.  Watching over little girl sounds like a full time job.

When is baby due again?

Home congrats on the 30 years!  It goes fast.

Hi Deuce.  Great numbers!  Thanks for all the info you post.  Hi Jimbo!  Stay warm!  Oh, so you have to list in order to sell?  Wow!  I had no idea!  Ok, I have 13 in the hopper on the ipad. Just need to add more info and fling them on line.

Might, ugh, the patience it takes for older kids to get it.  I'm, feelin for you.

Have two to send out.  Hasn't been a bad week.  I need to get some of these already started listings up cause it's pay day!

dreamy gail

Did I mention more snow coming? Yup they are not sure how much, but it's supposed to be significant.  So the mail will be all messed up again on Tues and Wed of this week!

Supposedly the worst half century of weather has been this January for our area!  So proud of myself that I lived to tell about it.  Upper Midwest is still freezing their behinders off.  Sigh

Click here to go to my Ebay store
Message 12 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:56:03 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer

Is anyone finding listing glitchy? I am scheduling for Sunday and the photos are not showing up and one description is blank.  Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:57:16 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer

Is anyone finding listing glitchy? I am scheduling for Sunday and the photos are not showing up and one description is blank. Even posting to this board is glitchy. Weird. 

Maybe it's the NSA !

Message 14 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 6:59:27 AM
forum_use_id
Trailblazer

Roy - bought a total of 274 of them since Thanksgiving. Have about 10 defects total but those are sellable at salvage pricing. Still have about 20 more to list that should bring in the neighborhood of about $1200 profit.

My VS supplier just told me that we may be able to get just bras or just swim separates! That's HUGE for us. Ususally we buy 300-400 pieces at a time and it's a mix of bras, swim, slacks, denim, velour, sweaters, shoes, boots, etc....anything they sell in the catalog. If we can put the same amount of money into just bras and swim, our sales should skyrocket.

Message 15 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 7:01:44 AM
bouteloua23
Scout

Good morning!

Brian-A, glad the lab results are good. Hope, you have great sales! Yes, when is the baby due?

Home, congratulations on your anniversary!

Love the header, Beth! January was slow for me. I am sure February will be better, because I will list more. I am joining you for the palooza.

Another couple of inches of snow this morning. Thankfully, DH is home and at it with the snowblower. He's working a job three hours away and is usually away from Sunday to Thursday. This weekend, he didn't make it home until Friday because of the icy roads. 

Go Broncos!

Message 16 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 7:12:35 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer

Working on my third listing. eBay is not taking the listings. It seems to be stuck in the "loading" zone where it is not communicating with the server very well. I must be on the bad server.

Message 17 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 7:14:42 AM

Just got back from taking both dogs to the vet. Our vet is across town, and I had the foster dog on my lap. They were not well-behaved on the way there--both whining and cryingSmiley Sad However, the vet said both dogs are in good health, even though one has been gaining sympathy weight as we try to fatten up foster pup.

Beth--love the heart image and the happy-paloozaSmiley Wink I've got to clean house first while my husband straightens our garage, but I'm going to try to get at least some listings done by tonight.

I've got to spend the rest of next week (Sunday through Wednesday) preparing for my interview for Thursday in Abilene. I've gotten the interview schedule from the department head and it looks to be a very full day. Basically, I'll be either interview or teaching from 9:30 until 5. I should sleep well that night!

Hope you all have a very green day!
Kim

There are some things that money cannot buy, like manners, morals, and intelligence.
Message 18 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 8:02:23 AM
homecomforts
Trailblazer

Done may 5 but ebay is so glitchy, I think that's it for today.

Message 19 of 1,035

in reply to Feb 1, 2014 8:42:33 AM
kdk*hok
Adventurer

I'm in, Beth. Already have my first listing done.

-Kate

Message 20 of 1,035