Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ORDER UPDATE email subject now missing the item name

This is not a good change, swapping in a generic subject "An update on your order" in the eBay ORDER UPDATE emails, as each of those emails will now have the same subject. Previously, the item name (or one of the item names in a combined shipment) is...

ise710_1-1713800202723.jpeg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ten months after resolution of a dispute

Ten months after having refunded the buyer as a resolution of a dispute (UPS damage related) the seller contacts the buyer asking him to return the item. He does not offer a prepaid label. The seller claimed to have opened an insurance claim with UPS...

Why isn't my Vanilla Visa Gift card working on Ebay or Paypal?

I called the number on the back of the card but it gives me the run around and won't even let me talk to a human being. I bought this gift card about 4-5 hours ago. I tried to purchase something on ebay about 3-4 times and each time it's declined. Wh...

Well that was fast!

I ordered a beautiful wind chime yesterday. I'm in Oregon, and the seller appears to be shown in Colorado. I received an email from the seller that they're using the carrier Aquiline, and they sent me the tracking number. I received my order today. T...

Communication Preferences > Competing Offers

Communication Preferences > Buying Activity > Competing Offers "Competing Offers" is a recent addition. It's separate from "Offers to buyers" and "second chance offers" Can you tell us what that setting controls devon@ebay kyle@ebay ? I've asked a fe...

commpreferences-buyingactivity-competingoffers.png

HELP A SELLER WANTS TO SCAM ME

After paying for an item really fast because it was cheap and I did not want anyone to buy it before I do, I now stumbled across the review of how this same seller scammed someone by sending out empty box… so I immediately cancelled the order, the se...

I was charged extra by Fedex - who is to blame eBay or the seller ?

I have bought an item with shipping through "eBay International Shipping". VAT and all shipping charges should have been included in that. Despite this, a few weeks after delivery Fedex has sent me an invoice for VAT and some administrative shipping ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item changed and account permanently suspended

Hello, my brother recently purchased a pair of sneakers from the Adidas eBay Store using a 50% coupon as a guest. Surprisingly, he received a welcome email with a username and later an order confirmation. However, two days later, he received an email...

How do I stop getting annoying offers from stuff I ONLY LOOKED at didn't even favor or watch..

Seller and buyer here.. I don't shop or sell much on ebay anymore due to the annoying things ebay has added over the years.. but recently I did decide to "try" to list a couple things to clear stuff out of the house.. however I noticed when I opened ...

Blocked from bidding/purchasing from a seller

I have made 14 purchases from an eBay seller since the end of 2023. I always paid immediately and left + FB upon receiving said items. Today when attempting to make another purchase I received a message saying the seller won't allow me to bid a/o buy...

How to speak to a Live eBay support person or Chat

I am extremely frustrated and have exhausted all of my search options to allow speaking to a live person or even an actual live chat option. I'm trying to reach a department that handles purchasing warranty when you buy an expensive product online wh...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 7 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors