Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 84 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Bidding on Ebay is a waste of time!

Nothing I will post will come as a surprise. But, DO NOT USE THE BIDDING SYSTEM! Sellers allow private bidders. What that means is that the seller can set up private accounts as a guest to eBay to bid. They do this for high dollar items they want to ...

WHY can't I filter for only EU sellers?!

I shop mostly from the US. I have friends who live in the EU. It would be very useful to be able to filter for only EU sellers when shopping for presents for them.And one should be able to translate to English with one click at the top of any (Europe...

No communication No tracking deleted account

I purchased a gift for my husband but the seller has no tracking.I messaged to check on shipment and the account is deleted.I checked and only one sale( me) and zero reviews and no other items sold.I trusted the platform over the years of buying and ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic Payments on Buy it Now/Offers

I have decided after more than 15 years that I will no longer purchase from ebay. My preferred method of payment on eBay is paypal. My preferred method of payment on PayPal is my PayPal credit. Three times out of the last five purchases, PayPal has i...

Filtering shipping costs is a needed improvement

I may be in the minority but "free shipping" and "local pickup" is a poor selection for filtering with shipping. Many countries outside your own can have reasonable OR unreasonable shipping costs (for me, it's cards). Being able to filter out shippin...

Resolved! Seller asked me to open a case for item stuck in customs, but I don't see an option to do that

I ordered something from the UK that is shipping through eBay's "Global Shipping Program" (GSP). It got to Pitney Bowes, which is supposed to ship to the US and was flagged as "undeliverable" (googling tells me this is a common problem with Pitney Bo...

Customs duty - US buyer purchasing from Japan

Hello everyone,I am a US buyer interested in purchasing a pre-owned Cartier ring from a seller in Japan. The ring is priced at $1,770.00 and EBay will charge around $168.15 in taxes at the time of purchase, total of the ring price including tax $1,93...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help! How do I stop the side pop ups when using a laptop?

I do a lot of business buy and selling on eBay. When I'm on the computer those side pop ups telling me I've been outbid are beyond annoying! I don't know how to make the stop and if I click on another web page and come back it waits for me and the po...

Getting UPS to cooperate in case of a tracking scam

I'm a victim of the fake-tracking number scam as detailed/tracked here by ittybitnot. I have been trying to get UPS to confirm, in writing, that the tracking number I was provided was for somebody else's package entirely. I managed to get both a loca...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How do I ask ebay to step in? There does not appear to be a link on myebay

So I purchased an item listed as USED, described to be "in good working order", backed by ebay guarantee, this seller has 75% with I think 5 feedbacks. The unit arrived in the strangest packaging I've ever seen, sideways/diagonal and with the armwres...

Screenshot 2024-04-18 11.36.25 AM.png
Most Marked as Helpful Authors