Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Need answers asap

Need answers asap

can_celi
Adventurer
How can I get my money back I bought a Xbox 360 n I thought I did almost 40 bucks I paid and I received a empty box with papers and wrappers torn n I seen later on it didn't come with console so I said ok well maybe a get wires cords or games but no I get a empty box's is there any way I can I was ordering it for a early birthday present n I get this how rude
Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need answers asap

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 1:37:40 PM
chip55
Trailblazer
The listing title said '(box and inserts only').
Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 1:37:40 PM
chip55
Trailblazer
The listing title said '(box and inserts only').
Message 2 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 1:56:43 PM

That's a confusing listing. It does say box and inserts only but it also gives all the "detailed item info"  for the full game system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the wind be always at your back.
Message 3 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 3:06:40 PM
redbud_farm
Rockstar
You bought empty box , you received an empty box.

Did you check what was in listing before bidding? Seems you got what you paid for
age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 4 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 3:15:17 PM
pikabo-icu
Rockstar

@redbud_farm wrote:
You bought empty box , you received an empty box.

Did you check what was in listing before bidding? Seems you got what you paid for

OP's issue aside do people really buy empty boxes like this? I understand the designer shoe boxes etc... But these?

I always burn ours- sheesh I hate to think I'm burning up money. LOL We had an XBox One & a new PS4 last Christmas & burned the boxes up in the bon-fire pit. Smiley Tongue

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 4:12:25 PM
chip55
Trailblazer
Why not recycle?
Message 6 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 4:28:07 PM
Superstar
You really thought you were getting an Xbox one for $40. I am sorry but.....no actually I'm not sorry. What is wrong with some buyers here? You had to know the price was too good to be true. Why didn't you read the listing to find out what the catch was? The catch is, you bought the box and paperwork. That's why you paid $40. Is common sense really not that common here?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 4:59:13 PM
pikabo-icu
Rockstar

@chip55 wrote:
Why not recycle?

Me?

Because we don't have that service here.. I live in the sticks- WAY out.. And I just happen to enjoy bonfires.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 5:40:02 PM
violet*owl
Guide

@can_celi wrote:
How can I get my money back I bought a Xbox 360 n I thought I did almost 40 bucks I paid and I received a empty box with papers and wrappers torn n I seen later on it didn't come with console so I said ok well maybe a get wires cords or games but no I get a empty box's is there any way I can I was ordering it for a early birthday present n I get this how rude

Sorry, it looks like you may be stuck with what you got, as the seller does not offer returns.  Although I think the seller didn't do the best job at clarifying that the listing was for an empty box (i.e., he included detailed item specifics, including a video that shows an actual XBox console), it is stated in the title and description that it was just the box only, nothing else.  

I see a couple other prospective buyers asked questions about the listing; specifically, whether it comes with the console, controllers, etc.  The seller answered those questions and stated it was for the box only. 

If the price is too good to be true, always a good idea to double-check the listing and ask questions before you buy. 

Message 9 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 5:59:25 PM
in.a.nutshe11
Rockstar

@can_celi

You gave the seller a neg stating "scam".

It was in the title empty box.  Description states empty box.

However, it's under Microsoft Xbox console categories and as stated, gives the detailed item specifics for a console.

It's not confusing but he should not have listed it under consoles and given the specs.

It wasn't a scam. 

Message 10 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:12:26 PM
can_celi
Adventurer
So there isn't no way I can get my money I didn't see nothing about empty box and in the first place you would think nobody should put something like that on eBay thts so wrong
Message 11 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:16:09 PM
in.a.nutshe11
Rockstar

You can ask the seller if he would accept a return but now that you've left your feedback, I'm not sure he will.  Plus he does have no returns.

It does state "box and inserts only" in the title and the description.

You really need to read the entire listing prior to buying or bidding.

There isn't even a picture of the console in the listing either.  Just the box and inserts.

You should have noticed that also.

Message 12 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:18:48 PM
can_celi
Adventurer
I didn't say a Xbox one I thought its was a Xbox 360 it has all the details n stuff so I thought ok because some people do sale them cheap and another I wrote the seller and never heard nothing frm them and I'm on a mobile phone so I didn't see the whole caption idk I would think if I was selling the box by its self you would be more specific and not put details on there or even be able to sell it on ebay
Message 13 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:21:20 PM
can_celi
Adventurer
I did notice tht but I thought ok it says box and inserts only would mean ok other stuff other than console like what came in it I don't think it should even be allowed to sale on here
Message 14 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:22:16 PM
Superstar
I use mobile phone and I never have problems seeing the description and full title. You didn't read the listing. And again, did you really think you were getting an Xbox 360 for $40?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:23:32 PM
in.a.nutshe11
Rockstar

It used to be that ebay did not allow the sale of empty boxes.

However, that policy has changed and it is allowed now.

Message 16 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 6:57:27 PM
airsheep
Guide

I had thought that was something of a gray area, that ebay was still restricting selling things like Rolex or Tiffany boxes that could be used to pass off fakes as the real thing.

Coffee is my friend.
T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 17 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 7:18:24 PM
takikawa4
Rockstar

@can_celi wrote:
I did notice tht but I thought ok it says box and inserts only would mean ok other stuff other than console like what came in it I don't think it should even be allowed to sale on here

Well, unfortunately you were wrong.

Message 18 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 7:22:01 PM
savanna.dance
Rockstar
If the seller has the WEIGHT of the item in item specifics and it states the WEIGHT as if it's for the full X-Box 360 and not an empty box, call eBay. Have them look at the listing showing the item specs, the video and the category. @can_celi

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 19 of 29

in reply to Feb 10, 2016 9:31:22 PM
webwanna
Trailblazer
Last Edited 09:35:32 PM

If the listing had any specs for the console ... 512 MB RAM, 3.2GHz Processor as I see one of their listings does, then you should open a 

Money Back Guarantee Case for Item Not as Described.  Demand the seller pay for return shipping.  

The seller shouldn't include the specs for the console in the listing if they are only planning on sending you the box.  A new buyer that isn't familiar with these scams is an easy target.  

Hope it helps.

Message 20 of 29