Archive 2014 Spring Seller Update
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Penalizing sellers for Canceled transactions - Really? That's NOT Right.

Penalizing sellers for Canceled transactions - Really? That's NOT Right.

postype
Adventurer

Why are you penalizing sellers for Canceled transactions?

There are sometimes circumstances beyond our control that warrant the cancellation of a transaction which is NOT a sellers fault.

In fact most of my cancelled transactions are the fault of eBay. There are many occasions which some of my already sold items show up on my Unsold listings page, and not being aware of that, I relist those items.

The other issue regarding this penalty against sellers is, eBay is not the only avenue of sales many sellers have, we don't always have the opportunity to remove items which have been sold elsewhere.

Canceled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else) - WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO COME UP WITH WAYS TO PENALIZE SELLERS? - This one is just NOT Valid.

How about buyers who pay for a purchase, then claim they made a mistake, do sellers get a bonus point for that?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES

Re: Penalizing sellers for Canceled transactions - Really? That's NOT Right.

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 11:42:23 AM
xitixzarka
Rising Star

YOUR RIGHT A+++ REALLY WISH EBAY READS THIS...LOL...

Message 2 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 11:49:39 AM
Rockstar

Canceled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else) - WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO COME UP WITH WAYS TO PENALIZE SELLERS? - This one is just NOT Valid.

The thing is you're not supposed to be listing the same item on multiple venues if you don't have enough stock to fulfill your orders. 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/delivery.html

Buyers don't shop here to send their money on a round trip vacation.  And when it happens, they're less likely to come back.  Why should you get a free pass from a defect when you can't properly manage your inventory?

How about buyers who pay for a purchase, then claim they made a mistake, do sellers get a bonus point for that?

EBay has said (for what that's worth) that cancellations that arise from issues that are NOT the seller's fault will not count as a defect.  You need to select the proper reason for cancellation when sending the form.  That said, there have been reports that it's not happening automatically in all cases, and have been requiring a call to eBay which really shouldn't be the case.  Hopefully they'll clean that up before the official changes are implemented in August. 

Message 3 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 11:55:59 AM
capt.jeffrey
Enthusiast

I has become way too easy for buyers to file a (not as described claim) for something that can be answered with an email. My latest is a depthfinder which was delivered 18 days ago and the buyer does not understand how to install it so why not open a not as described claim. No email. I called the company and offered to have the service tech explain but they just want to send it back. I am OK with this except. The buyer has opened a not as described claim so it goes againt my record and I may loose my Top Rated Seller statis. There is also no way of crediting a buyer fo something damaged in shipment or even filing a claim for this. Fedex bent the hub on an outboard propeller that was double boxed. I refunded the customer so he could buy another prop. I DID NOTHING WRONG. I got a strike against me for this transaction even though the buyer gave me great feedback and emailed telling me he would by again from me in a minute. I think we need to start a revolt. Is this just a way of eliminating all of the 20% seller discount accounts. Maybe we should be the group judging. WHO is Judging EBAY.

Message 4 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 12:48:14 PM
Rockstar

Hi capt,  

"Defects" such as those you're describing are, in my opinion, going to lead to an exodus of sellers from eBay.  And those sellers will be followed by the buyers who no longer find their favorite sellers - and good deals - here. 

Not to mention that those sellers who do hang on will no longer have any incentive to provide the level of customer service they once did, which will result in even more unhappy buyers.  If the defect damage is done at the point of case opening, there's little reason for a seller to be accommodating.  And now that revised negs/neuts will not result in removal of the defect, there's not much point in working with a buyer to earn a revision, either.

August should be interesting.  Woman Sad   

Message 5 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 1:41:47 PM
pugchaser
Thrill-Seeker
I have 2 deficits for selling an item that apparently auto listed after it was sold. I now have retroactive deficits for running out of inventory

eBay told me that it was my fault, and that I needed to keep better control of my inventory
Message 6 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 2:38:57 PM
xitixzarka
Rising Star

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THAT IM ALWAYS TRYING TO "WHAT" THIS IS THE 2ND OR 3RD REPLY FROM ME! AND ITS ALWAYS ON THE SELLERS SIDE, ..PLZ  EXPLAIN..  XITI X ZARKA

Message 7 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 7:32:14 PM
Rockstar
Last Edited 07:35:09 PM

I was replying to the OP, whom I quoted in my post.  Sorry the "reply to" came through wrong.  I thought my post was pretty clear though, not sure what you're asking me to clarify.

FYI, the use of italics here generally indicates that a specific portion of a post is being addressed.  I copied/pasted this part from the OP.... Canceled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else) - WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO COME UP WITH WAYS TO PENALIZE SELLERS? - This one is just NOT Valid.

Did you read the OP?   

Message 8 of 9

in reply to Jun 6, 2014 7:45:57 PM
4703carole
Trailblazer

In fact most of my cancelled transactions are the fault of eBay. There are many occasions which some of my already sold items show up on my Unsold listings page, and not being aware of that, I relist those items.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought for a long time I was making mistakes.  But it has happened too many times.  I sell an item,  I can't find it.  Think about it awhile (It is not easy to remember 900 items plus the ones you haven't gotten to yet) and remember selling it.  Go back 60 days in SOLD and there it is.  Then were the times I listed variables and eBay did not subtract the sold ones.  I sold one sign 4 times.  I do not have time to go thru my listings every day, especially to check up on the "perfect managed marketplace".  Guess who got those defects.  Yep, that would  be me.

The 3 or 4 other defects I have are all from shippers damamged my fragile item.  And the best part is: All of my buyers were perfectly satisfied with the way I handled the transaction from start to finish  AND commented on how well the item was pack and they realized it was not my fault.   Who got a defect?

Message 9 of 9