Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Brand Identification Help

Can anyone help me identify the brand of this vase - colors are very light pastels - no marking on the bottom. Thank you

IMG_4586.JPG IMG_4587.JPG

Van Briggle

So many obvious Van Briggle fakes. I want to report them and ban them from selling. Then also some highly suspicious possible fakes.

Accidental refund

Hi I wanted to give a partial refund and accidentally gave a full refund as automatic refunds were set up, so the buyer got $325 back instead of $40. Ebay have washed their hands of this and are now relying on the buyer to give me the money back. I w...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help Identifying Lampshade/Sconce shade

Hello!I have inherited a very interesting old shade that would sit on top of a 'normal' bulb. The only thing I have found close via Google is a "Poul Henningen Leaded Stain Glass shade". There are no markings I can find and I only have the shade with...

PXL_20221114_184452037.MP.jpg PXL_20221114_184508830.jpg PXL_20221114_184519538.MP.jpg PXL_20221114_184542270.jpg
User avatar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Dishonest Feedback

A disgruntled seller who had to take back a misrepresented piece of antique pottery (undisclosed chips) entered "positive" feedback for me, the buyer, that was specifically negative. The seller did not disclose the flaws in either words or pictures a...

Need help identifying old tool

Hello - If anyone knows what this tool is called, or what it is used for, my memory has failed me on it. It .was made by the Silver Company. I would appreciate any help.

uvt.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

removing sticker from antique book

Hello! I purchased some antique books from a local thrift store and am trying to get information on how to remove the sticker without pulling away bits of the book cover (very old, thin leather or paper). Thanks for any help! Melanie

What is this?

Hi I'm not sure this is even an antique(probably isn't but idek). I was given this the other day and was told that it was a Buddha. I tried to find something similar to this online and every Buddha statue or stone tablet that I could find looks compl...

whatis3.jpg
User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors