Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ID antique basket

Does anyone have an idea of what this basket was for? Promotional? It seems to be all metal. My uncle told me that in his youth (1930s) there was a Diamond Tea store in the downtown of his small IL town. Was Diamond Tea a national brand? I think I ha...

IMG_6711.JPG IMG_6712.JPG IMG_6714.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vintage/Antique Lamp Identification

This isn't my area at all. Material looks like brass but I haven't cleaned it up. About 10" tall with a wick? protruding from the spout. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this piece! - kyal

DSCN1930.JPG DSCN1931.JPG DSCN1932.JPG DSCN1935.JPG
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Johnson Bros Hearts and Flowers Teapot

I have a Johnson Bros hearts and flowers teapot that was made with the pattern design on the opposite side of the pot. I’m trying to find a value for it. I don’t know if it is an intentional or unintentional manufacturing issue. Can anyone assist?

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pricing vintage console

I’m going crazy been trying for three days to find out how much the system is in I can’t get any help anywhere. It is a AMC vintage stereo, phonic high, Fidelity record player, radio or transitional solid-state extension speakers.

Silver plate sugar bowls and limoge dinner set

Just so glad that we had antique discussion on ebay! I do have some questions: 1. Were there sugar bowls made in mid and late 1800s, with no lids? Wasn't too sure if some sugar bowls made without lids during that time, or were lost later. 2. I own a ...

Buyer not making payment

Just wondering if i have to wait the full 4 days before offering this item to the next highest bidder. The original buyer is not responding to sent invoices and not anserwing my messages. It obvious he has no intention of paying me, so i would like t...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Grapes with vines silver basket

Hello.I've looked all over google but can't find one quite near this. Too light to be solid silver, may be plated.14.5" long, 11.5" wide, 4.5" to basket rim and 5.75" to top of handle. 6 - lbs. 8 - oz. Can't find any markings.Anybody have any ideas?T...

DSCI0686.JPG DSCI0687.JPG DSCI0688.JPG DSCI0689.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question about a wooden block

Hello all,I have this brown wood block that I do not know what it is.Please let me know or ask someone who may know. The block has dimples on both sides. 13" x 7". Thin block.Thank you,

DSC02846.JPG DSC02847.JPG DSC02848.JPG

Dating a Stickley Brothers Grand Rapids Windsor Chair

It has what I believe to be a burned in mark on bottom of seat, reading: Stickley Brothers Grand Rapids 1268 1/2. I've found that this particular combination of Stickleys were in business from 1891 - 1954, but very little else as all these combinatio...

IMG_6803 (1).JPG

Help with identifying an ODIOT silver item

I would like to find out anything I can about this dish. I know it was made by ODIOT of Paris, France and believe that it is a chafing dish (?), but beyond that I have no clue. I have Googled this thing to death and no answers. If anyone is knowledge...

ODIOT MAIN DISH.jpg ODIOT SIDE DISH.jpg ODIOT BOTTOM.jpg ODIOT INSIDE DISH.jpg
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buckle

 I'm probably in the wrong section but I was metal detecting in my son's backyard. I got a high hit that something was 6 inches down. I dug down and found a buckle. It's not that I think it's worth anything it's just not finding what type of buckle i...

IMG_20221112_192953509.jpg

1940s Table Lamps

I have come into possession of several beautiful 1940s Table lamps. I have not been able to find any makers marks or any other information on most of them and would really appreciate any help.Found a close visual matchI found what appears to be a sta...

3DDAFF51-8396-4957-9DD2-D5302AE2D2B4.jpeg 1A81F1F8-E556-4DF0-A3BF-7C2093B2DB4E.jpeg AD9EE226-9B64-48C5-A7BB-6A8C1C32BA22.jpeg 05537C5C-DDF1-491C-A22F-89CC7380CA82.jpeg
User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors