cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woburn abbey collection by baker furniture co

I found this piece at a auction last night. I am trying to fine out more about it, but no luck. Think it was made in 1969. I have sera he the Internet and came up empty handed I was trying to see if this is a baker furniture piece or just a knock off any help would be greatly appreciated 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Woburn abbey collection by baker furniture co

Hi. I'm a little confused by your statement that you came up empty-handed. What exactly did you search for? That appears to be the correct metal label inside the drawer. If you search Baker Furniture metal label you'll see an image of it.  Your picture does seem to show some wear to the tag? Or is that shadow created by the angle? Is that what you're questioning?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

i was trying to fine out if they made this piece in a second edition. how much was new. it does show wear on the label.  but really no where else. i was trying to fine out what the vaule was to see if i got a good deal also to see if someone reproudce baker furniture. there is so many fakes out there today in other stuff i was hoping i got orginal. when i look up thia piece i couldnt fine it anywhere 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What it sold for in 1969 (or so)  is totally irrelevant to "value" today. Today it's just "used furniture." And not antique - which would be 100 years old or older. 

If it did not have the tag inside, I would understand your concern about it being not as represented from the paperwork you got with it (right?) But it does have the appropriate tag. Another company might have made a similar style, but there would be no tag. No "faker" would put an old tag inside a new piece of furniture that's not going to sell for a lot anyway, given the state of the used furniture market. This is not the kind of thing that gets "faked."

If you are that concerned about it not being what you thought you were buying, you could contact the company.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buy it. I own 2 Woburn abbey Baker pieces. You will not be disappointed. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply