cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will artificial intelligence ever be able to replace a professional antique and art appraiser?

I have an unusual question and would like to receive help for my survey - Do you think artificial intelligence will ever be able to replace a professional antique and art appraiser? E.g. provide a more accurate description and assessment of the value?

https://mearto.typeform.com/to/OmoraK

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Will artificial intelligence ever be able to replace a professional antique and art appraiser?

Don't know about artificial intelligence, but my real intelligence tells me not to click on links from unknown sources.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

the answer is a big fat no.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

good AI requires good data, and lots of it.  the prices realized for any art object vary widely from one venue to another and over time and there are probably more sales data that are not available to the public than those that are.  also, good appraisals require good identification, even experienced appraisers can be bad at that.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply