cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAVE YOU EVER CAME ACROSS AN ITEM YOU CANT FIND OUT WHAT IT IS?

SO, I HAVE A NUMBER OF ITEMS I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY ARE. I DESCRIBE THEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY ON INTERNET SEARCHES BUT COME UP EMPTY.

I THINK EBAY SHOULD TRY AND DO A GROUP THAT GIVES OUT INFORMATION ON ITEMS YOU SUBMIT WITH PICTURES. I DONT WANT TO PAY AN APPRAISER $50 FOR AN ITEM THAT IS WORTH $25. A FREE ASK AND TELL GROUP FOR EBAY SELLERS ONLY WOULD BE AWES0ME

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What you are asking for is exactly what these boards are for.  post good pictures of your piece in the proper board and someone may be able to help.  don't use all caps in your messages. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

We have a local antique store that has an appraiser come in once a month.  You might check around to see what you can find.  Ours only charges $10 and you meet him face to face.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your help. I just havent ran across a forum where people will look at pictures of an item but I guess I can spark a Conversation in order to see if I can get answers on unknown items. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't understand.  If you look at the other threads here, on this very forum, you will see that what people do here is post pictures of items they need help to identify, date, whatever.  There are also several other boards here on eBay that are the same, some more active than this one and some less so.

If you want an actual appraisal of an item, no, you will not get that here.  For many practical reasons, no one here will give you a valuation or an appraisal, although people will often tell you what an item might sell for in their own locations or help you find similar items that have sold for comparison.

Many of the people who post to these boards have lifetimes of experience in the arts, antiquities, aniques, and collectibles trades -- and they freely share their knowledge.

And posting your photographs here is very easy.

So, I am quite baffled by your response. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply