cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peasant Man & Woman Figurines marked Italy help ID please

I know nothing about these, came from a local estate of a couple who were world travelers. They measure approx 7" high and are simply marked "Italy" on the bottom. Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

To me they look like first half 20th c, local hand painted majolica maybe representing regional costume
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

They appear to be dressed in traditional Eastern European costumes.  At first, I thought Polish but might be Romanian.

Debora

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Have you tried googling "porcelain mark "Italy" figurine man in peasant garb" - then hit "images" - you might be able to match your figurines up with one of the images & then try to find who made those. This actually has worked for me a few times where I've found other figurines that are pretty obviously by the same maker - I list them on Ebay with the wording that I think that's who the maker is. Good luck - they are lovely figurines! (Just as a note - when I have something like that, I always put it on auction, hoping that a collector who is familiar with that particular maker might see it & bid it up to a high value!)

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Google images for eastern European folk costumes. It will break them down by country.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Any marks ?  May be from Capo-de-Monte spelling may off. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply