cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help w/ID for Small Hand Knotted Persian Silk Rug

hi everyone.  i'm not sure this is an antique,  but i thought it might be the best place to find someone who knows about Persian rugs.  I found this today.  it's 2'x3'.  it's in immaculate condition.  I'm wondering how to describe it in the title.  what type of rug is this?  it's very finely woven.  i've provided two pics one is of the full rug and the other is of the little lable in the corner.  any help would be greatly appreciated...thankssilkrug_frnt.jpgsilkrug_label.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, I know nothing about rugs, sorry.

Michael
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

hi.  thanks for the bump.  yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem like anyone here knows about rugs.  i do think i might have identified the it though.  i think it's a Qum or Quom.  which, if it is, is a good thing.  it's got approximately 600 knots per square inch and it looks a lot like other Qums i've found online.  i do still need to find out how old it is.  i think i'm going to bring it to a rug dealer here in Sacramento.  it will be a good test to see what his offers are like compared to what i believe the rug is worth...thanks

Message 3 of 3
latest reply