cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the next big thing in vintage/antiques

Is the mid century modern market saturated?  I think the trend is waning. I would love to hear what other vintage/antique sellers/buyers think the next trend will be. I think we are headed toward a "made in the USA"  trend.  {articularly handmade items. What do you think and why? thanks for replys.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I do a lot of shows. I sell mid century lighting and art pottery. What I've noticed is the hipsters are getting into the 80's stuff. It was before they were born, or at least before they could remember it.

Just my observation

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree with vintage914. But anyone who knows their periods and styles, that is anyone who has a knowledge of what was happening when, has a leg up on the dealer who is always chasing trends.

In antiques, taste will win out trend any day of the week. The dealer with taste will have a basement, closet, or under-the-bed packed with stuff that will be on trend in 3 years, the things that their buyers didn't know that they would want until they see it. You can't teach that to someone, nor can you reduce it to a phrase like "80's" or even "80's luggage".

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

btw, ellenorepickles, you don't have any items listed for sale. How, can I be expected to help direct you when I have no idea what you are knowlegable about or are interested in selling?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply