cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

countrychick60548
Enthusiast
I have many of them my mother collected for me when I was little. Also we had several missionary friends and they would bring me back dolls from the differnt countries. Some are folk - hand made. I've looked up the M.A. dolls on ebay, but some i have aren't listed. I've googled madame alexander and came up with many sites. I guess i'm trying to find the value. I'd love to find out if any of the dolls from the missionaries are of value but don't know how to do so. we have no one out here where i live that can appraise them or give me info. All the antique stores I have here in town don't really know anything about "dolls" Any one a doll collector out there?
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

Hi countrychick and thanks for your posting about Madame Alexander dolls!! I collect them, too!! Three different suggestions on the info. 1) Go to the eBay research page for Completed Auctions and simply type in your doll's name in the Doll Search Category, 2) Look on ebay for a used copy of Blue Book Dolls & Their Values something with special section on Madame Alexander in the book's description. (Jan Foulke has a great guide if you can find a used copy of her book), or 3). List a description of your dolls here and remember to add some pictures and me or someone else will try to help you start searching in the right direction!! And just a little tip, if your Madame Alexander dolls are genuine and in good condition, don't get ripped off as they are very valuable!! Some of your others may be, as well, so don't sell them before you get the correct info. Hope this helps!!
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

mog-noddy_1
Enthusiast
Love MA dolls, and have a decent amount of knowledge on them. Rather than Jan Foulke, I would recommentd Patricia Smith's books on MA dolls. I am not personally crazy about Jan's valuation of dolls and think it tends to give peeps who are selling unrealistic expectations. I am happy to help you countrychick and please feel free to email me anytime thru ebay and we can go from there. Foreign dolls are a completely different field and tend to not have much $$ value unless they are of some very special significance. Exceptions to illustrate that are, Japanese Ceremonial dolls, which are a world unto their own. I happen to find them interesting as I am an artist and so to see how others have crafted a doll is enjoyable. Just another note on foregn dolls. With the advent of Barbie, plastic dolls of that genre were exported by the tens of thousands to newly emergeing countries in the 60s. These would be dresed in native costumes, however they often retained the "white" body as this was thought to be more saleable to tourists. moggy
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

I just sold two Madame Alexander Dolls. One was new in the box and the other showed wear. Both sold -- however, the worn one sold for more. Go figure?

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

mog-noddy_1
Enthusiast
but I amsure they weren't the same ones were they;-)
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

Recently (within the last year) I have been seeing new, in box Madame Alexander dolls for sale at Tuesday Morning. They sell for a fraction of the retail price. http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/product/product.asp Lynn :x
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

The two Madame Alexander Dolls I sold were: Rebecca 14" Sunday Social 7-1/4"

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

countrychick60548
Enthusiast
They're in perfect condition and still in their boxes. Most of them are the ones that are from different countries. I have to go through them again. They've been carefully packed away. i took them out 3 years ago to show my youngest and they still look fantastic.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

oldvillageart_1
Enthusiast
tuesday morning is Way Cool! I was given in trade what I was told is a Madame Alex Doll, in fancy real wood & good glass display case, dresses in what i would think of as traditional Ukraine or Russian of some sort gown, pearls, tiara, maybe 16 inches tall... she was gonna bring the papers but moved w/o doing so... I have NO clue what to do w her, so she sits looking out my Gallery window, awaiting her Prince Charming ... or Cash!
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

oldvillageart_1
Enthusiast
Correction - she is dresseD elegantly, not comes complete with dresseS
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

countrychick -- I would love to see pictures of the dolls.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

countrychick60548
Enthusiast
Give me a week or so. We've had a death, and also, I had an accident Saturday. A pedestrian walked right out in front of my car and I struck her. I've been sick and shakey ever since. And no, i didn't kill her but the police told me later in the day, i probably broke her leg - she is 72. I need time to recoop and get myself together. But when i'm feeling up to doing so, I will take picts' and send them in the photo discussion. Thanks!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

Oh wow, Im so sorry :( Please take care of yourself. I hope he woman is doing fine.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

I'm sorry; you have my prayers.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

MADAME ALEXANDER DOLLS

How terible. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Lynn :x
Message 15 of 17
latest reply