cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with id'ing enameled bangles with silver backing and holes

Hi,

Can someone point me to a site that might have some more info on these kinds of enameled cuffs. I think the backing is silver although there's no mark. There is a cutout in the silver. The large cuff has a heart cutout and the smaller ones have holes. The enamel design is very metallic.

I have used all the search words i can think of and can't find anything. I'm pretty sure it's vintage, but not positive.

Part of the problem is Google has changed it's search algorithms so much that it's amost impossible to find anything these days. I put in a search for ascot replica watches the other day and got a whole list of sporting goods!

Thanks in advance for any help!

DD

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello-

Very nice bracelets.  From the appearance of them, they seem to be more contemporary, perhaps from Indonesia or possibly India.

I hear you on the problem of tying to find things on eBay.  Part of the problem is that many sellers and buyers are unaware of some of the terminology and definitions used.  I have seen many items incorrectly labeled, especially when one is trying to determine the age of an item.   There are also copies and fakes (two different things, by the way) so the more research one can do, the better.

Starting with a factual description of an item (silver tone and green enamel cuff bracelet with floral engaving, as an example) helps to find the right category.    When all else fails, I search Google images.   Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your kind response. I'm a stickler for correct identification. The story moves me even more than the item.

I didn't think of it being Indian-thank you!, but I am doubtful. I have many Indian friends and never have they worn even old cuffs that look like this. Plus the heart motif is Western, not Indian, I believe (not sure though: could be India has picked it up).

I am also thinking the backing is silver not silver tone, even if not sterling silver. It has that blackish patina silver gets when old.

The hunt continues. Thanks for some more search terms to consider.

~D

Message 3 of 3
latest reply