cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whodunnit - fairly new silver earrings

markmarkfrontfrontblurry shot of the frontblurry shot of the front

Does anyone know who my daddy is?  I've seen the mark somewhere before.  The stones are synthetic or lab opal.  The random chicken scratch to the left of the 925 is on both pieces, so it's probably meant to be there. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Not sure about the mark..  but it saus 826..  not 925

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The last number is definitely a 5, and I think it is fair to say the first number is a 9 that is a bit squished together.  '826' would make this Danish in the very early 20th century, but it would be stylistically wrong.

Lea
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

In person there's no question of it being anything but a 925 mark.   They're fairly recent, which is why I can't think of the maker's name.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I don' usually dispute ,but the number is certainly 825.Perhaps  there is anonother number we don't see.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That number is 826 but it looked like 825.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Nope.  Most definitely 925 in person.  It is not now nor has it ever been an 8. There was an 825 silver standard at some point, but it was long gone and no longer used by the time the earrings came along.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

IMO, definitely Israeli work.  I've had that maker's mark before and unfortunately came up with no info.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am soon sorry but that was the funniest I have no clue argument.. To the lighter side.  I'm voting for lab created opals.. .if I c9me up w qnything for the makers mark I'll let u know but I'm definatly staying out of the 925 saus..just playing 

Jennifer Walter
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I knew they were lab opal; there isn't any doubt in person. The idea that they're Israeli is a good one.  Israeli jewelry turns up here on a somewhat regular basis.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply