cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the clear cover on this brooch called?

This Brooch is really neat, however I Have a question, I have never seen a Brooch that has rhinestones with a shellac over it it or whatever it is that clear over the Brooch, could someone please tell me what that is called? 

Thank you in advance for you're help!

Rhonda

0920161647_HDR.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

believe it might be call lucite

every day is a new begining
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

7701830 Crystal Clear Enamel Gloss.  From what little I have read, Trifari was one of the 1st big names to begin using it during pre WWII, when using paste rhinestones to help protect, prevent brakage.  An excellent idea for that period - I think!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi, I think it is a modern piece, a picture of the back side will confirm.In fact it may be only a couple of years old,which means it was  made in China.   

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

These art deco revival (in the STYLE of Pierre Bex) were popular and sold in the late '70s / early '80s.

Another maker of these type of rhinestone under clear enamels was Catherine Popesco.

Good names to google to see different styles. But don't use them in your listing unless they're signed - still, I love these - there are also earrings with this same detailing/rhinestones under enamel. Your pin is particularly nice. You can easily list it as art deco revival vintage 1980's and be perfectly correct.

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 5 of 5
latest reply