cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help identify old cuff bracelet

I got this several years ago from an estate sale. Cuff bracelet that measures 4 1/2" long.  Could be silver.  It has 5 different panals of designs.  Weighs 8.4 ounces.  Missing the pin closure. 

I was doing some searching about a year ago and found a very similar piece on a historical/library site somewhere in Afghanistan. I cant for the life of me find it again.  Anyway if anyone knows anything about this or where I might find some info about it, please let me know. 

Thanks so much 

Teresa

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Doesn't look silver to my eye.  Blue and green patina suggest some sort of alloy with a good bit of copper.   Any markings?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Afghan Kuchi Cuff Armband

There are certainly a lot of tribal bracelets out there, however the kuchi cuff spike bracelets which evolved from tribal armor seem to resemble your piece the most, IMO. Some have spikes on top or bottom or both, a similar dovetail like closure, motif styles and levels of filigree. India also has some spike bracelets, but they don’t seem a good a match. Yours looks to be on the older side, maybe it’s not a tourist piece, i’d Take it to an Afghan jewelry dealer and see if it were me. Just my two cents, good luck!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Oops link didn’t Go to right page… You can do a search in Google images though when you come up with some things after going through a lot of tourist newer pieces

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

As far as I can see I cannot find any markings on this piece. I will look for a Afghan jewelry dealer or a collector. Thank you so much to everyone for your help. I really appreciate it!!
Teresa
Message 6 of 6
latest reply