cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping someone has seen a piece like this before. Not sure what this jewelry ornament is.

07 12_7858_edited-2.JPG07 12_7859_edited-1.JPG07 12_7860_edited-1.JPG07 12_7861_edited-1.JPGI've had this for quite awhile and came across it again the other loading photos to my website.  It is silver, the back has toggles much like used for collar studs.  They are linked together and have to hang the way shown.  My guess is they went into button holes on the front of a jacket or blouse.  The hang about 8" long all together and each piece hangs about 3-1/2" apart from each other.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hoping someone has seen a piece like this before. Not sure what this jewelry ornament is.

I've never seen anything like that before, either, but my guess is the same.  Anytime I see toggle clasps like that I think of cufflinks, collar or shirt buttons.

Here's a listing for a shirt button stud chain.  It's not the same design, but with the heart design meant for a woman, that must be what it is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-STERLING-REPOUSSE-HEART-WOMENS-SHIRT-STUD-BUTTONS-ON-CHAI...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

These are worn on formal/wedding dresses in India...  I've seen them before, but can't find a link..but I did find a pick of one similar...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I was just going to say the same thing. Very nice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes they are for a blouse. It is a beautiful piece.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Very pretty. Looks beautiful against the write fabric of the dress. I had one of those once, but didn't know what it was for. I don't remember what became of it. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much everyone for the help.  So it seems my guess was somewhat right.  The one in the photo is very similar.  Still don't know what to call it but with this help and providence maybe I can now.  Thanks again!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

With the help I found out these are Kurta Buttons.  Again, thanks so much for the help.  Solved!!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I can kind of picture it as western collar jewelry.  One that would be used at the top of a button down shirt.  Maybe look into vintage or antique collar jewelry.  It has pretty fillagree work so I'm assuming it's silver

Jennifer Walter
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Maybe try looking up collar chain types or history

Jennifer Walter
Message 10 of 10
latest reply