cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!

I have a BENRUS SWISS WATCH 
1/20 12k GF TOP 
FLEX LET 1-50 
#422541 is in the back along with someone initials ... Is this watch of value or not? I've scored the web with no luck hopefully one of you can help!

Thanks

Tim

Oh here the item number on eBay:

Thanks again!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Help!!!

Do a search under completed listings for Benrus.  It looks like most of the gold filled heads go for $5 to $20.  Check for markings on the bracelet, it is most likely not gold or gold filled, but worth checking.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Help!!!

Yikes.  You're waaaaaay overpricing that watch.  Unfortunately, there's nothing too special about it.

Ladies watches aren't in high demand, especially if you don't know if it works or not.  The bezel is gold filled, not real gold, does not have any diamonds in it, and has a stainless steel back.  You're not showing the condition of the movement inside, so no one knows how many jewels it is or if the balance even moves freely.   Same with the band.  We don't know the brand name and whether or not it has gold filled caps.

Benrus watches are similar in many aspects to Bulova watches, but Bulova are much more collectible and desirable.  Benrus also has a poor databaase to try to date them, and get info about movements, calibers, grades, etc. 

I've sold a few similar Benrus watches, and even have one live on eBay right now for $15.00.  On a real good day you can get up to $40.00 for it depending on some of the things I mentioned above.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply